About This Chapter
Communication in Hotel Management - Chapter Summary
Hotel management is a field that requires constant communication between managers, employees and patrons. Ensure your managers have a good grasp of how to communicate effectively in the workplace by utilizing this chapter's short video lessons. Topics covered include the following:
- Basics of the communication process
- Types of communication used by managers
- How organizational communication is used in the workplace
- Elements and barriers to effective communication
The resources in this chapter make it easy for you to examine communication in hotel management during your corporate training sessions. Have your managers review the lessons in any sequence that suits your discussions. They can also access the lessons at a later time from their computer, smartphone or tablet to reinforce what they learned in your session.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Lessons introduce and provide a detailed overview of the communication process and types of communication used in the workplace.
- Teaches strategies: This chapter can teach your managers the processes involved in communicating effectively with colleagues and clients.
- Improves workplace relationships: As your managers learn how to improve their communication, they can develop stronger relationships with employees and ultimately enhance the work environment.
After reviewing the lessons in this chapter, your hotel managers will be ready to:
- Explain what's entailed in the process of communication
- Differentiate between various methods of communication managers use
- Define terms associated with organizational communication
- Discuss gender, culture, language and other potential barriers to effective communication
- Identify and describe the four elements of effective communication
1. The Communication Process
This lesson describes the process of communication. Terms such as sender, receiver, channel, encoding, decoding, noise, and feedback will be defined and explained with examples.
2. Types of Communication: Interpersonal, Non-Verbal, Written & Oral
This lesson distinguishes between the various methods of communication used by managers, including interpersonal communication, nonverbal communication, written communication and oral communication.
3. Organizational Communication
If you've ever had a job, you likely understand that there are different ways to communicate with colleagues and employers. This lesson describes the role of organizational communication in the workplace while defining terms such as downward, upward, horizontal and informal communication.
4. Barriers to Effective Communication: Definition & Examples
Companies need to be aware of potential barriers to communication. In general, physical separation and differences in status differences, gender, culture and language can potentially either block or distort effective communication.
5. Elements of Effective Communication in the Workplace
Effective communication is a necessity in the workplace. There are four elements of effective communication that help improve the two-way information sharing process. These four specific elements involve being concise and clear, practical, factual and persuasive.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hotel Management Training course
- Organizational Change in Hospitality
- Management Functions
- Contemporary Leadership & Management Theories
- Continuous-Improvement Processes & Methods
- Organizational Behavior & Hospitality Management
- Management in the Hospitality Industry
- Team Building & Development in Hospitality
- Cultural Diversity in the Hospitality Industry
- Ethical Issues in the Hospitality Industry