About This Chapter
Configure to Print & Save in Excel: Chapter Summary
Excel is a versatile and robust software application that presents you with several options for saving and printing files depending on your needs. Whether you're seeking to print only part of a document or ensure that the file you save can be accessed by others, these video lessons will help you to operate the software with confidence.
These video lessons break down all the ways you can print and save files into manageable units. You can test your understanding of the material through the self-assessment quiz that accompanies each lesson.
Topics covered in this chapter include:
- Setting a print area
- Saving an Excel workbook using various file formats and options
- Printing individual worksheets
- Setting print scaling
- Making an Excel workbook backwards compatible
- Configuring workbooks to print
- Modifying print settings in Excel
- Saving workbook files in different formats
- Sharing Excel workbooks
(Note: All demonstrations in this chapter will be using Microsoft Excel 2013. Certain features, tools, or displays may be different in other versions.)
Excel is a trademark of the Microsoft Corporation, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. Setting a Print Area in Excel
Excel has several print options, including printing one worksheet or an entire workbook. This lesson will guide you through the steps to printing a selected area of a worksheet and explain how to clear your selected print area.
2. Saving an Excel Workbook: File Formats & Options
If you have ever created an Excel workbook, spent hours updating data and numbers, only to loose the file or updates because you forgot to save, you are not alone. This lesson will review the steps to saving your MS Excel workbook.
3. How to Print Individual Worksheets in Excel
Workbooks can have multiple worksheets. Do you find yourself in need of printing just one worksheet rather than the entire workbook? This lesson will guide you through the steps for printing one worksheet or multiple worksheets.
4. How to Set Print Scaling in Excel
You can use the scaling feature in Excel to limit the number of pages wide and/or tall when you go to print the spreadsheet. This lesson will discuss the different Scale to Fit options and explain how to apply scaling to documents you print from Excel.
5. Ensuring Your Excel Workbook is Backwards Compatible
Need to send an Excel file to someone with an older version of the application? Not sure if they will be able to open and view the file? This lesson will discuss the Check Compatibility feature in Excel.
6. Printing in Excel: How to Configure Workbooks to Print
Trying to print an Excel spreadsheet? Wondering what the difference is between a workbook and a worksheet? This lesson will explain the difference, guide you through printing a workbook and share a few tips when printing from MS Excel.
7. How to Modify Print Settings in Excel
Printing from Excel is not always as straight forward as it may seem. This lesson will review the different print settings available to help adjust the layout for printing.
8. How to Save Excel Workbook Files in Different Formats
Need a PDF version of your MS Excel workbook? Have a large spreadsheet that needs to be converted to a comma delimited file? This lesson will take you through the steps to converting your Excel spreadsheets to different file formats.
9. How to Share Your Excel Workbook
Whether you are using MS Excel to develop complex company financial spreadsheets or track personal expenses, you may find yourself in need of sharing the information. This lesson will explain different sharing options in Excel.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Excel: Essential Training & Tutorials course
- Creating Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Formatting Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Customizing Options & Views in Excel
- Format Cells & Ranges in Excel
- Insert Data in Cells and Ranges in Excel
- Filter and Sort a Table in Excel
- Order & Group Cells & Ranges in Excel
- Create a Table in Excel
- Modify a Table in Excel
- Use Cell Ranges & References for Formulas & Functions in Excel
- Summarize Data with Functions in Excel
- Functions with Conditional Logic in Excel
- Format & Modify Text with Functions in Excel
- Create a Chart in Excel