About This Chapter
Configuring Virtual Machines & Networks with Hyper-V - Chapter Summary
Our professional instructors outline how to configure virtual machines and networks with Hyper-V in this informative chapter. Just a few of the topics covered include the benefits of virtualization, different types of virtual machines and how virtual machines provide operating system functions. Take the quiz included with each lesson to make sure you understand what you're learning. These lessons are self-paced and available for you to study at your convenience 24 hours a day. Once you complete this chapter, you will be ready to:
- Provide an overview of the use of Hyper-V in Windows Server
- Detail virtualization architectures and Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 R2
- Explain how to install Hyper-V implementation
- Use Hyper-V manager to configure a virtual machine
- Configure guest integration services with Hyper-V manager in Windows Server 2012 R2
- Discuss memory allocation in Hyper-V enhanced session mode
- Manage and create virtual disks using Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 R2
- Connect to a storage area network (SAN) with Hyper-V
- Implement network virtualization with Hyper-V
- Explain NIC team and isolated network configuration with Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 R2
1. Virtualization: Definition & Benefits
Virtualization is a hot topic these days, particularly in business. In this lesson, we'll take a look at virtualization, including what it is and some benefits of using it.
2. Virtual Machines: Types & Life Cycle
In this lesson, we will learn about Virtual Machines and their types and functions. We will also discuss the life cycle of a virtual machine and the tools offered for administrators.
3. How Virtual Machines Provide Operating System Functions
Hardware virtualization is considered both a complicated process as well as a simple idea at the same time. In this lesson, you will be taken through an overview of how virtual machines can work the same as their physical machines.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 322: Windows Server Configuration course
- Windows Server Installation & Configuration
- Configuring Local Storage
- File, Share Access & Print Services
- Configuring Network Services with IPv4 & IPv6
- DHCP & DNS Configuration & Deployment
- Installing Windows Active Directory Domain Services
- Security Policies, Group Policies & User Account Control
- Security Policies, Application Restrictions & Windows Firewall