About This Chapter
Conflict Management for Pharmacists - Chapter Summary
Any workspace might include conflicts between coworkers from time to time, and pharmacies are no exception. Pharmacists who would like to improve their conflict management skills can go through this chapter and watch our online lessons covering all aspects of this subject. The topics in this chapter include:
- Styles and strategies of conflict management
- Assertive communication skills
- Comparing verbal aggressiveness and argumentativeness
- How cultural differences affect conflict resolution
Our lesson instructors have experience teaching these very topics, so pharmacists learn the most relevant and up-to-date information on workplace conflict management. Once they have finished viewing all of the lessons, pharmacists can also test their understanding of these topics by taking the lesson quizzes and the final chapter exam.
How It Helps
- Offers strategies: Included in these lessons are key definitions and strategies that can be used to improve conflict management skills.
- Focuses on behavior: By providing analysis of the role of behavior in conflict and communication, these lessons can help pharmacists maintain actions that are most conducive to a conflict-free work environment.
- Examines culture: Pharmacists can go over the ways in which cultural differences can affect conflict resolution and how to use these differences to better resolve conflicts.
After watching these video lessons, pharmacists will be able to:
- Understand the most important strategies for resolving conflicts
- Improve their workplace behavior to minimize conflicts and maximize communication
- Understand the different types of aggressive personalities they may encounter
- Use cultural differences to avoid and resolve conflicts
1. What Is Conflict Management? - Definition, Styles & Strategies
Wherever there are people, there always will be conflict. Managers have to deal with conflict in the workplace every day. Conflict management is the ability to be able to identify and handle conflicts sensibly, fairly, and efficiently.
2. Assertive Communication Skills: Definition & Behaviors
Learn the difference between several common communication styles and why assertive communication skills are important. Find out what specific behaviors are assertive and how to use them.
3. Practical Application: Assessing Assertive Communication Skills
This practical application includes a list of self-assessments questions pharmacists can use to assess their assertive communication skills. With each question also comes tips on how to apply it.
4. Comparing Verbal Aggressiveness & Argumentativeness
We all know people who like to argue. But, there are different types of arguers. In this lesson, explore two of the common personalities of argument-driven people and test your understanding with a brief quiz.
5. Cultural Differences in Conflict Responses
If you've ever had a disagreement with someone, you know how much of a challenge it can be to resolve it. But what if you had completely different cultural practices? This lesson shows some of those differences.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Communication Skills for Pharmacists course