About This Chapter
Conflict Prevention Strategies for Supervisors - Chapter Summary
This chapter offers supervisors a handful of strategies that can be used to prevent conflicts in the workplace. As your supervisors progress through the chapter, they'll examine topics related to teamwork, emotional intelligence, cultural diversity and group cohesion.
The chapter includes plenty of quizzes to help your supervisors remember what they study. These training resources are available 24/7, and our instructors are happy to answer any questions your supervisors may have about the material.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter helps supervisors become highly familiar with the business benefits of conflict prevention.
- Outlines a variety of conflict prevention methods: Managers will review the practical applications of emotional intelligence, cultural diversity management and team building.
- Improves conflict prevention skills: Supervisors will be able to apply the chapter's concepts to improve teamwork and reduct conflicts in the workplace.
By the end of the chapter, your supervisors should be able to:
- Recognize effective teamwork skills in the workplace
- Describe the applications of emotional intelligence in leadership
- Manage cultural diversity in work environments
- Increase group cohesion through the use of team building
1. Teamwork Skills in the Workplace: Definition & Examples
In today's modern corporate world, developing teamwork skills in the workplace has become a necessity. In order to survive such a competitive environment, companies need to promote a workplace that emphasizes teamwork.
2. Using Emotional Intelligence in Leadership
Many times managers or leaders focus on the functional aspects of the job you do, as opposed to the emotional intelligence that drives the way you do your job. In this lesson, we discuss emotional intelligence and how it relates to leadership.
3. Managing Cultural Diversity in the Workplace
In this video, we will define the term 'cultural diversity.' In addition, we will explore methods by which supervisors can utilize hands-on strategies that welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace.
4. Becoming a Cohesive Group: Using Team Building to Increase Group Cohesion
Have you ever wondered why some groups seem to work better together than others? In this lesson you will learn what it means to be a cohesive group and how team building activities can be used to increase group cohesion.
5. Practical Application: Conflict Resolution for Supervisors
Oftentimes, a supervisor is needed to resolve workplace conflicts. We'll examine a few scenarios featuring workplace conflicts and see how supervisors use their leadership and communication skills to resolve them.
6. Practical Application: Conflict Resolution Skills in the Workplace
Conflict resolution is an important and critical skill for leaders to develop. In this lesson, you will evaluate several scenarios to determine the best way you to resolve conflicts in the workplace.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.