About This Chapter
Connecting Health with Health Care Delivery - Chapter Summary
Our instructors present the connections between health and health care delivery in this engaging chapter. You'll study the various dimensions of health, as well as the different issues that can affect it. You'll also take a look at health care systems and the economics of health care. Our self-paced chapter can be accessed 24 hours a day on your mobile device or computer. Before moving on to other topics, take a moment to answer the multiple-choice questions in the short quiz that comes with each lesson. This chapter is designed to help you:
- Discuss the dimensions of health and wellness
- Outline social issues impacting health care and disease prevention
- Give an example of a health detriment
- Explain health, illness and disease in the U.S.
- Make connections between economics and health
- Compare the health care delivery system in the U.S. to the rest of the world
1. Health & Wellness: Definition and Dimensions
It's important to be happy and healthy! This lesson will contrast between health and wellness as well as what the different dimension of wellness are and how they interact.
2. Social Issues in Health Care & Disease Prevention
This lesson will discuss different health-related social issues, including the impact of religious beliefs on health care decisions, childhood vaccinations, organ donation, and end of life care.
3. Health Detriments: Examples & Impact
This lesson is going to go over numerous factors that may impact a person's health. These include geography, environment, education, income, friends, and family.
4. Health, Disease & Illness in the U.S.
What is the relationship between health, disease, and illness? In this lesson, we'll define these concepts, explore major health risks in the United States, and analyze their impact on the U.S. healthcare system and public health.
5. Economics and Health: Healthcare, Medical Issues & Income
What is the relationship between economy and health? In this lesson, we discuss differences in healthcare and medical issues in low-income versus high-income countries. We also define social epidemiology and discuss the link between poverty and poor health.
6. The Health Care Delivery System: The US and Worldwide
This lesson looks at the terms health care delivery system and universal health care and what each means. It also discusses health outcomes in the United States in comparison with some other industrialized countries.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Health 307: Healthcare Delivery Systems course
- Overview of the Health Care System
- Systems for Health Care Delivery
- Health Care Delivery Professionals
- Health Care Delivery Technology
- Health Care System Access
- Health Care Systems: Quality & Ethics
- Health Care System Policy & Practice
- Health Care Costs & Financing
- Health Care Delivery Systems: Future Considerations
- Required Assignments for Health 307