About This Chapter
Considerations for a Global Company - Chapter Summary
When deciding whether to globalize a company, it's important for your leaders to understand issues they could face along the way. The short video lessons in this chapter discuss factors they'll need to consider before initiating the globalization process. Leaders will learn about the following:
- How globalization impacts countries at various stages of development
- The role of politics in international business
- The ways businesses can collaborate with governments to address global issues
- Legal complications you might encounter as you conduct international business
Comprehensive video lessons examine the specific considerations your company leaders can make as they prepare for globalization. Self-assessment quizzes and a chapter exam can help them review these topics. Use the chapter exam to gauge your employees' understanding of the important political and legal considerations for globalizing your business.
How It Helps
- Creates awareness: It's important for corporate leaders to understand how the act of globalization affects other countries and how their business will be impacted.
- Offers guidance: The lessons guide corporate leaders through key considerations to help them determine if globalization is right for your company.
- Emphasizes collaboration: As your corporate leaders discuss international expansion, they can determine how to best manage interactions with various governments and navigate their politics.
- Aids in prevention: Corporate leaders can use the lessons to prevent legal, government and political issues that could crop up during the act of globalization.
By the end of this chapter, corporate leaders will be able to:
- Understand the impact globalization could have on their choice countries of expansion
- Describe the political environment they could face during the act of globalization
- Outline how they can effectively collaborate with governments of the countries to which they'd like to expand
- Explain the legal complications they could encounter when conducting international business
1. The Impact of Globalization on Developing, Transitional & Developed Countries
Countries of the world are impacted at different levels by globalization. Learn about the different effects of globalization on developing, transitional, and developed countries and how all these economies are interconnected.
2. Political Environment in International Business: Definition, Factors & Impact
Governments and politics play a large role in international business. In this lesson, you'll learn about the political environment in international business, some of its key factors, and its impact. A short quiz follows.
3. Government-Business Relations in Global Business
Government-business relations have an impact on international businesses. In this lesson, we will discuss how businesses can work collaboratively with governments and the civil sector to address global issues.
4. Practical Application: Considerations for a Prospective Global Company
Every day businesses move into new markets around the world. Apply your understanding of some key factors that businesses consider when thinking about expanding internationally.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.