About This Chapter
Constraint Satisfaction in Artificial Intelligence - Chapter Summary
This handy chapter on constraint satisfaction in artificial intelligence was created by professional instructors to make these subjects easy to understand. Review topics including Bayes networks in machine learning, decision tree algorithms and LISP in AI at your convenience and pace. To make sure you've understood what you've learned, take the quiz offered along with each lesson or the test at the end of the chapter. Contact an expert through the Dashboard if you have any questions along the way. After you complete this chapter, you should be ready to:
- Define constraint satisfaction problems with examples
- Detail the uses of Bayes networks in machine learning
- Provide examples of neural networks in machine learning
- Outline the decision tree algorithm in data mining
- Explain the uses for Markov decision processes
- Identify the AI applications for computational logic
- Describe the importance of simultaneous localization and mapping (SLAM)
- Discuss LISP in artificial intelligence
1. Constraint Satisfaction Problems: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you will be introduced to the concept of Constraint Satisfaction Problems (CSPs) using real life examples and solutions. We will also discuss how other typical problems can be converted to CSP and solved.
2. Bayes Networks in Machine Learning: Uses & Examples
In this lesson, we will discuss a few applications of Bayesian Software such as filtering spam e-mail, assessing medical and homeland security risks, and decoding DNA.
3. Neural Networks in Machine Learning: Uses & Examples
Neural networks play a significant role in the way companies are approaching AI and machine learning processes. This lesson will take you through the different types of neural networks and why they are so prevalent today.
4. Decision Tree Algorithm in Data Mining
Decision trees, and data mining are useful techniques these days. In this lesson, we'll take a closer look at them, their basic characteristics, and why they are so useful.
5. Markov Decision Processes: Definition & Uses
In this lesson, you will learn about the Markov Decision Process. We will discuss what its main features are and how, under specific conditions, real-life scenarios can be represented to help make the best decisions.
6. Computational Logic: Methods & AI Applications
This lesson will introduce to the basic notion of Computational Logic. Types of logic, creating logics, connecting them, and to reason with them will also be discussed.
7. Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM): Definition & Importance
In this lesson, you will be introduced to what and why of Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM). It's importance and application in Artificial Intelligence will also be discussed.
8. What is LISP in Artificial Intelligence?
In this lesson, we'll take a look at LISP, including some of its characteristics, what the acronym stands for, what it's used for, and how it contributes to artificial intelligence.
9. Required Assignments Reminder
Sorry for the interruption to your course progress! We wanted to make sure you knew this course has a written assignment requirement in order to be completed. Read on to learn where to find these assignments and how to submit them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 311: Artificial Intelligence course