About This Chapter
Consultation in School Counseling - Chapter Summary
This chapter was designed to provide you with information about consultation in school counseling. Our engaging lessons cover several forms of therapy. You'll also be able to learn more about the overall goals of these therapies. Work on these lessons when you're ready to study:
- Person-centered therapy
- Gestalt therapy and exercises
- Creative therapies and their limitations
- Transactional analysis therapy and forms of analysis
The video lessons in this chapter include timelines that allow you to easily locate the therapy techniques you'd like to study. We also provide transcripts, so that you can look at this information from another perspective. Each lesson includes an interactive quiz that allows you to test what you know about these forms of therapy.
1. Person-Centered Therapy: Goals & Techniques
What are the goals and techniques used in person-centered therapy? Why is the client/counselor relationship important? Answer these questions and learn more in this lesson.
2. What is Gestalt Therapy? - Definition and Overview
Learn the way counseling is viewed when considering Fritz Perls' idea of Gestalt. Explore the meaning of Gestalt and its impact on the therapeutic process as you watch this lesson.
3. Techniques in Gestalt Therapy: Exercises and Experiments
Exercises and experiments are two techniques in Gestalt therapy that are used to increase a client's present awareness. Learn more about how these techniques work in this lesson.
4. Creative Therapies: Goals, Techniques & Limitations
Do you ever feel like you are acting out a script in your life? Are your feelings better expressed through music or art? Do stressful situations provide you with insight? If so, the creative therapies may be for you!
5. Transactional Analysis Therapy and the Role of the Counselor
Eric Berne was influenced by traditional psychoanalytic theory and neuroscience in his creation of transactional analysis. This lesson explores the therapeutic relationship in transactional analysis and describes this user friendly form of therapy.
6. Structural Analysis, Game Analysis and Script Analysis in Transactional Analysis Theory
Structural analysis, game analysis, and script analysis are all essential parts of transactional analysis therapy. This lesson will explore these concepts and why they are important.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Professional School Counselor (5421): Practice & Study Guide course
- The History & Role of School Counselors
- Understanding Human Growth & Development
- Theories of Identity Formation & Social Development
- Ethics & School Counseling
- Professional Development for School Counselors
- School and System Governance
- Legal Issues in School Counseling
- Guidance & Counseling Strategies for Schools
- Group Counseling
- Teaching Students About Career Development
- Instructional & Behavioral Management Strategies in Class
- Crisis Intervention for School Counselors
- Student Diversity & Issues in School Counseling
- Interventions & Accommodations in School Counseling
- Management in School Counseling
- Accountability in School Counseling
- Assessment Issues in School Counseling
- School Counseling & Student Outcomes
- Praxis Professional School Counselor Flashcards