About This Chapter
Consumer Behavior and Customer Satisfaction - Chapter Summary
In this engaging lesson, you can learn all about consumers: what underlies consumer behavior; how can you effectively market to your target audience; what drives your customers' decision-making processes; how do you keep your customers satisfied; how do you know if they're satisfied. Our business professionals present all of this and more in this chapter. By the time you have finished, you will be able to:
- Understand consumer behavior theory
- Explain marketing strategy
- Understand what drives customer decisions
- Define customer satisfaction and provide examples
- Describe how to measure and analyze customer satisfaction
- Explain the relationship between customer service and customer satisfaction
The lessons in this chapter are presented in various formats, and there is certain to be one that is right for you. You may read the transcripts, watch the videos, or just use the self-check quizzes. Track your progress on your Dashboard to see how your learning is progressing.
1. Consumer Behavior Theory and Marketing Strategy
Marketers use consumer behavior theory to create marketing strategies that target the consumer buying process. Learn how to define consumer behavior, how it impacts marketing strategies, and how the 4Ps of marketing--product, price, promotion, and place--are applied.
2. Understanding the Consumer Decision-Making Process: A Marketing Must
Consumers move through a predictable 5-step decision-making process as they decide to make a purchase. Explore how understanding the consumer decision-making process is an important element and a must-have in developing an effective marketing plan.
3. What is Customer Satisfaction? - Definition & Examples
Businesses use customer satisfaction to measure how effectively they are meeting customer expectations regarding products and services. Learn about specific examples of customer satisfaction, including different tools and surveys used to measure it.
4. Methods for Measuring Customer Satisfaction
In the broad sense, happy customers make for a happy business. Discover how to measure and maintain customer satisfaction through surveys or questionnaires, existing data, and face-to-face observations.
5. Relationship Between Customer Service & Satisfaction: Levels & Examples
Good customer service and customer satisfaction go hand in hand, where a happy customer is one that receives smooth, friendly service. Explore the relationship between customer service and satisfaction, learning the various levels and examples of service.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the NES Business Education (309): Practice & Study Guide course
- Organizational Management in Business
- Organizational Structures
- Human Resource Management in Business
- Human Resource Laws & Requirements
- Business Law & Ethics
- Government Regulations for Consumer Protection
- Taxation for Corporations
- Business Accounting Overview
- Personal Finance & Consumer Economics
- Consumer Credit
- Personal Insurance Coverage
- Computation & Quantitative Analysis in Business
- Microeconomics Concepts & Laws
- Microeconomics Fundamentals for Business
- Macroeconomics Principles for Business
- International Business & Trade
- Principles of Marketing & Market Research
- Selling & Sales Forecasting
- Fundamentals of E-commerce
- Entrepreneurship & Business Plans
- Business Communication Fundamentals
- Information Systems in Business
- Business Software
- Career Development in Business
- NES Business Education Flashcards