About This Chapter
Consumer Behavior and Customer Satisfaction - Chapter Summary
In this engaging lesson, you can learn all about consumers: what underlies consumer behavior; how can you effectively market to your target audience; what drives your customers' decision-making processes; how do you keep your customers satisfied; how do you know if they're satisfied. Our business professionals present all of this and more in this chapter. By the time you have finished, you will be able to:
- Understand consumer behavior theory
- Explain marketing strategy
- Understand what drives customer decisions
- Define customer satisfaction and provide examples
- Describe how to measure and analyze customer satisfaction
- Explain the relationship between customer service and customer satisfaction
The lessons in this chapter are presented in various formats, and there is certain to be one that is right for you. You may read the transcripts, watch the videos, or just use the self-check quizzes. Track your progress on your Dashboard to see how your learning is progressing.
1. Consumer Behavior Theory and Marketing Strategy
Watch this lesson to find out how marketers can use predictions about our behavior to create a strategy that helps them reach out to us and influence our decisions to buy.
2. Understanding the Consumer Decision-Making Process: A Marketing Must
In this lesson, you'll see how a consumer moves through a decision making process in order to purchase a product or service. Learn what methods marketers use to take advantage of this process.
3. What is Customer Satisfaction? - Definition & Examples
Customer satisfaction is essential for business success in today's marketplace. In this lesson, you'll learn what customer satisfaction is and be provided some examples. A short quiz follows the lesson.
4. Methods for Measuring Customer Satisfaction
Customers are the bread and butter of any business. This is why businesses need to make sure they are measuring customer satisfaction. This lesson will discuss methods for measuring customer satisfaction.
5. Relationship Between Customer Service & Satisfaction: Levels & Examples
In this lesson, we'll talk about the link between customer service and customer satisfaction. We'll see that how a business handles its customer service directly impacts the satisfaction of its customers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NES Business Education (309): Practice & Study Guide course
- Organizational Management in Business
- Organizational Structures
- Human Resource Management in Business
- Human Resource Laws & Requirements
- Business Law & Ethics
- Government Regulations for Consumer Protection
- Taxation for Corporations
- Business Accounting Overview
- Personal Finance & Consumer Economics
- Consumer Credit
- Personal Insurance Coverage
- Computation & Quantitative Analysis in Business
- Microeconomics Concepts & Laws
- Microeconomics Fundamentals for Business
- Macroeconomics Principles for Business
- International Business & Trade
- Principles of Marketing & Market Research
- Selling & Sales Forecasting
- Fundamentals of E-commerce
- Entrepreneurship & Business Plans
- Business Communication Fundamentals
- Information Systems in Business
- Business Software
- Career Development in Business
- NES Business Education Flashcards