About This Chapter
Consumer Behavior, Satisfaction & Loyalty - Chapter Summary
This marketing chapter is designed to help you review topics related to consumer behavior, loyalty and satisfaction. Our short video and text-based lessons offer clear definitions and explanations of several consumer-related marketing concepts, including consumer behavior theory, the consumer decision-making process, customer loyalty and customer satisfaction. The chapter is taught by expert marketing instructors who are available to answer your questions. Access the chapter at any time of day or night, and take the included self-assessment quizzes to make sure you fully understand the material. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Summarize the stages of the buying process in marketing
- Explain marketing strategy and the consumer behavior theory
- Comprehend the consumer decision-making process and consumer psychology
- Recognize the factors that affect a consumer's buying decisions
- Assess the consumer's role in the decision-making process
- Define the concepts of psychographic segmentation and influencers in marketing
- Outline the post-purchase process as it relates to cognitive dissonance
- Know what customer satisfaction is and how it's measured
- Analyze solutions for improving customer loyalty
- Evaluate the pros and cons of customer loyalty programs
- Understand how customer lifetime value is calculated
1. What Is the Buying Process in Marketing? - Stages & Overview
You need to understand the consumer buying process to effectively market a product. In this lesson, you will learn about the process and its stages. A short quiz will follow.
2. Consumer Behavior Theory and Marketing Strategy
Watch this lesson to find out how marketers can use predictions about our behavior to create a strategy that helps them reach out to us and influence our decisions to buy.
3. Understanding the Consumer Decision-Making Process: A Marketing Must
In this lesson, you'll see how a consumer moves through a decision making process in order to purchase a product or service. Learn what methods marketers use to take advantage of this process.
4. Consumer Psychology and the Purchase Process
Basic psychology concepts like learning, memory and conditioning can play a big role in dictating what we decide to buy. Watch this video to see how they work together.
5. Influences on Consumer Buying Decisions: Cultures, Values & More
External influences are all around us and play a large role in our buying decisions. Watch this video to see how cultures, values and other influences shape our purchases.
6. Consumer Involvement in the Decision-Making Process
How involved are you when purchasing a new product or service? This lesson will take a look at the different levels of consumer involvement in the decision-making process.
7. Psychographic Segmentation in Marketing: Definition & Examples
Purchases often relate to lifestyles and interests. In this lesson, you'll learn about psychographic segmentation in marketing and be provided some examples. You'll also have a chance to take a brief quiz after the lesson.
8. Cognitive Dissonance & Post-Purchase Process
Have you ever second-guessed a major purchase? Watch this video to understand what cognitive dissonance is and how marketers can keep us from experiencing it.
9. What is Customer Satisfaction? - Definition & Examples
Customer satisfaction is essential for business success in today's marketplace. In this lesson, you'll learn what customer satisfaction is and be provided some examples. A short quiz follows the lesson.
10. Measuring Customer Satisfaction to Improve Retention
Customer satisfaction is the key to a successful business. This lesson will discuss different customer satisfaction measurements that can improve retention and build relationships with customers.
11. Influencer in Marketing: Definition & Overview
Influencers have the power to affect purchase decisions of others because of their knowledge, authority, position, or relationships. Influencer marketing targets individuals with influence over potential customers. Learn more about the definition and importance of influencers in marketing, see some examples, and test your knowledge with a quiz.
12. What is Customer Loyalty? - Analytics & Solutions
What brands or products are you loyal to? How do you find out what customers are loyal to your company? This lesson will explain customer loyalty, analytics, and solutions as well.
13. Customer Loyalty Programs: Advantages & Disadvantages
Customer loyalty programs have become very popular over the last decade. This lesson will examine the advantages and disadvantages of customer loyalty programs.
14. Customer Lifetime Value (CLV): Definition, Calculation & Uses
Customer lifetime value (CLV) is a marketing metric used to see how valuable repeat customers are to your business. In this lesson, we'll define CLV, learn how to calculate it, and discuss how it could influence your customer loyalty program.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Introduction to Marketing: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Overview of Marketing
- Marketing Planning & Strategy
- Market Research & Analysis
- Marketing Environment Basics
- Pricing Strategies in Marketing
- Segmentation, Targeting, & Position in Marketing
- Marketing Ethics Basics
- Business Marketing Overview
- Global Business Marketing
- Product & Service Management
- Marketing Channels & Distribution
- Supply Chains & Logistics in Marketing
- Direct Marketing Communications
- Integrated Marketing Communications Overview
- Marketing & Social Media
- Personal Selling Communication
- TECEP Introduction to Marketing Flashcards