About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering contemporary Africa material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about contemporary Africa. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing events about labor and poverty associated with contemporary Africa
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning world history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Contemporary Africa chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Contemporary Africa chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any world history question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about contemporary Africa for a standard world history course. Topics covered include:
- Statistics about child poverty in Africa
- Reports of child labor usage throughout Africa
- More topics related to Africa in modern times
1. Child Poverty in Africa: Facts & Statistics
Child poverty is a global issue, but in Africa this problem is worse than nearly anywhere else in the world. In this lesson, we'll talk about the risks of child poverty, as well as the roots of this problem.
2. Child Labor in Africa: Facts & Statistics
In this lesson, we will investigate the history and causes of child labor in Africa. We will also learn about the steps that nations and international organizations are taking to eradicate it.
3. Ethiopian Emperors: Title & History
Ethiopia has a very long and fascinating political history. In this lesson, we are going to explore the history of the rulers of Ethiopia and see how their power changed over time.
4. Dutch Colonies in Africa: List & Influence
The Dutch were amongst the first and most prodigious of the European colonial powers. In this lesson, we're going to explore their influence and legacy in Africa, and find out where they carved their territories into this continent.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Major Events in World History Study Guide course
- History of Ancient Civilizations
- History of the Ancient Middle East & India
- Ancient Greek History
- Ancient Roman History
- History of Early China & Japan
- History of Africa Before Colonization
- History of the Americas
- History of France & England
- Modern History of Germany
- Modern History of Greater Europe
- History of Modern Russia
- Countries & Capitals of the World
- Historical Timelines
- Contemporary Asia
- Contemporary America
- Ancient Inventions
- Dynasties of China