About This Chapter
Content Marketing - Chapter Summary
This chapter looks at various angles of content marketing. You'll review the process of developing a content marketing plan as well as related terms and considerations to take into account. Topics covered include buyer personas, brand voice, sharing marketing content, as well as all of the following:
- The definition and purpose of content marketing
- Creating marketing material for all content forms
- Comparing silo and collaborative content marketing
- Measuring marketing success
The practice quizzes attached to each lesson give you a way to monitor your understanding as you go along. These quizzes direct you right back to the connected portion of the lesson whenever you answer incorrectly, and they can also be printed as worksheets for offline use. And once you're through the chapter, you can confirm your grasp on the material overall by taking a practice final exam.
1. What is Content Marketing? - Definition & Purpose
In this lesson, we'll explore what content marketing is and the purpose behind it. Examples will be discussed and compared to other forms of marketing.
2. Buyer Personas: Definition & Application
Buyer personas can be a useful tool in better understanding your customers. In this lesson, we'll discuss what personas are, why they're important and how you can use the information you gather to reach people with compelling content, at all stages of their buying journey.
3. Brand Voice: Definition & Application
Identifying your brand's personality is key to communicating with your audience. In this lesson, you'll learn what brand voice is and how it is used in your content marketing.
4. Content Marketing Plan: Strategy & Development
Content marketing can be a resourceful addition to your overall marketing plan. In this lesson, you'll learn how to get started with content marketing and how to produce content that is relevant and helpful.
5. Creating Creating Marketing Content for All Content Types
Creating and sharing content across various channels can be a valuable addition to a marketing strategy. In this lesson, you'll learn more about how to choose content and vary its message.
6. Silo vs. Collaborative Content Marketing
A silo approach to content marketing is vastly different than a collaborative one. In this lesson, you'll learn the difference between the two as well as when to engage an outside consultant.
7. Promoting & Sharing Marketing Content
Content is king, but promotion is key. In this lesson, we'll learn how email, blogging, social media, and content syndication are used in marketing strategies.
8. How to Measure Marketing Success
Measuring the success of your content marketing efforts will show you what's working and what isn't. In this lesson, you'll learn more about measuring content goals and maximizing reach.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional course
- Introduction to Marketing Strategies
- Conversion Rate Marketing
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- Mobile Marketing Overview
- Search Engine Optimization in Marketing
- Paid Search (PPC) in Marketing
- Marketing with Social Media
- Web Analytics in Marketing
- OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional Flashcards