About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your continuity in precalculus homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your continuity in precalculus homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Discontinuities in functions and graphs
- Regions of continuity in a function
- The intermediate value theorem
1. Continuity in a Function
Travel to space and explore the difference between continuous and discontinuous functions in this lesson. Learn how determining continuity is as easy as tracing a line.
2. Discontinuities in Functions and Graphs
In this lesson, we talk about the types of discontinuities that you commonly see in functions. In particular, learn how to identify point, jump and asymptotic discontinuities.
3. Regions of Continuity in a Function
Can Earth ever compete with extraterrestrial UFOs? In this lesson, you'll learn that not all functions are continuous, but most have regions where they are continuous. Discover how to define regions of continuity for functions that have discontinuities.
4. Intermediate Value Theorem: Definition
A UFO and a jet take off and ascend to 30,000 feet along discontinuous and continuous paths, respectively. In this lesson, learn about the intermediate value theorem and why the jet has to cross 15,000 feet.
5. Intermediate Value Theorem: Examples and Applications
Many problems in math don't require an exact solution. Some problems exist simply to find out if any solution exists. In this lesson, we'll learn how to use the intermediate value theorem to answer an age-old question.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Homework Help Resource course
- Working with Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Working With Inequalities: Homework Help
- Absolute Value Equations: Homework Help
- Working with Complex Numbers: Homework Help
- Systems of Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Mathematical Modeling: Homework Help
- Introduction to Quadratics: Homework Help
- Working with Quadratic Functions: Homework Help
- Geometry Basics for Precalculus: Homework Help
- Functions - Basics for Precalculus: Homework Help
- Understanding Function Operations: Homework Help
- Graph Symmetry: Homework Help
- Graphing with Functions: Homework Help
- Rate of Change in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Polynomial Functions Basics: Homework Help
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions: Homework Help
- Rational Functions & Difference Quotients: Homework Help
- Rational Expressions and Function Graphs: Homework Help
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Functions: Homework Help
- Using Trigonometric Functions: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Graphs: Homework Help
- Solving Trigonometric Equations: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Identities: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Applications in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Homework Help
- Vectors, Matrices and Determinants: Homework Help
- Mathematical Sequences and Series: Homework Help
- Sets in Algebra: Homework Help
- Analytic Geometry and Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Polar Coordinates and Parameterizations: Homework Help
- Limits in Precalculus: Homework Help