About This Chapter
Continuous Improvement in Problem Solving - Chapter Summary
With this engaging chapter, your supervisors can study continuous improvement in problem solving whenever it fits into their schedule. Topics covered include evaluating the impact of business decisions and implementing solutions to business problems. These lessons can be viewed as many times as needed, and they can be used as part of a corporate training workshop or on an individual basis.
How It Helps
- Simplifies training: Utilize this chapter as a part of new hire or supervisor training to ensure your team members understand improvement in problem solving.
- Increases effectiveness: Supervisors can learn how to make better decisions that support the organization's goals.
- Boosts confidence: The lessons can give supervisors confidence that they are taking appropriate actions when faced with business issues.
Our chapter is designed to help your supervisors do the following:
- Understand how to implement solutions to business problems
- Evaluate the impact of business decisions
- Outline the effects of problem solving on business performance
1. Implementing Solutions to Business Problems
Any solution is ineffective until it is executed. This lesson provides several strategies for implementing a solution to a business problem, including the go-live playbook, rollback plans, and key performance indicators.
2. Evaluating the Impact of Your Business Decisions
Managers are able to influence the overall success of the business organization and the teams being led by them. Let's take a look at the strategies used to evaluate the interpersonal, financial, and long-term implications of your business decisions.
3. Impact of Effective Problem Solving on Business Performance
This lesson goes over a step by step approach that businesses can use to solve their problems and the impact this may have on business performance over the long term.
4. Practical Application: Business Decision Evaluation Checklist
This checklist will help you evaluate the effectiveness of your business decisions. You'll be able to easily go through the checklist and look for implications of your decisions in your finances, interpersonal relationships, and in the long-term success of your business.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.