About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other introductory business law work.
- Identify the assignment and delegation of contracts concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our introductory business law tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn assignment and delegation of contracts and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding rights of the assignee, assignment revocability, definition of delegation or any other assignment and delegation of contracts topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their business learning
- Prefer learning business visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their assignment and delegation of contracts unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in introductory business law
- Don't have access to their business teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning assignment and delegation of contracts simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live business law tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn assignment and delegation of contracts on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Study the parties involved in a contract assignment
- Understand the rights of the assignee and assignor
- Learn the rights of an obligor
- Describe the revocability of an assignment
- Differentiate between delegation and assignment
- Identify the parties in a delegation
- Learn the duties that can't be delegated
1. Contract Assignment: Definition and Involved Parties
Contract assignment occurs when one party to a contract gives the obligations and benefits of the contract to another party. Assignment of rights occurs when one party to a contract gives the benefits of the contract to another party. This lesson explains what an assignment is and what parties are involved.
2. Parties in an Assignment: Rights of the Assignee, Assignor & Obligor
Assignments are common in contracts law. There will generally be at least three parties involved in an assignment. This lesson explains the roles and rights of the assignee, assignor, and obligor.
3. Revocability of Assignment: Definition & Explanation
A contract assignment means that one party transfers contract rights to another party. The type of the assignment determines if, and how, the assignment can be revoked. This lesson explains assignment revocability.
4. What is Delegation? - Definition, Parties & Duties
Delegation occurs when the responsibility and authority for performing a particular contractual duty is transferred to another party. This is different than an assignment. This lesson explains delegation, and the differences between delegation and assignment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Law: Tutoring Solution course
- History of American Law: Tutoring Solution
- Sources of Law: Tutoring Solution
- Constitutional Law: Tutoring Solution
- American Legal Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Legal Procedures: Tutoring Solution
- Contract Law Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Capacity in Contract Law: Tutoring Solution
- Contract Law and Third Party Beneficiaries: Tutoring Solution
- Contracts: Statute of Frauds: Tutoring Solution
- Contracts: Scopes and Meanings: Tutoring Solution
- Contracts: Breach of Contract: Tutoring Solution
- Contracts: Discharge of Contracts: Tutoring Solution
- The Legal Environment: Tutoring Solution
- Securities and Antitrust Law: Tutoring Solution
- Property Law: Tutoring Solution
- Employment and Labor Law: Tutoring Solution
- Creditors' Rights: Tutoring Solution
- Product Liability and Consumer Protection: Tutoring Solution
- International Business Law: Tutoring Solution
- Torts in Business Law: Tutoring Solution
- The Role of Agency in Business Law: Tutoring Solution
- Types of Business Organizations: Tutoring Solution
- Sales & the Law: Tutoring Solution