About This Chapter
Conversion Rate Marketing - Chapter Summary
This chapter outlines numerous approaches of conversion rate marketing while defining related terms and detailing key concepts. You'll review topics such as website optimization, establishing conversion rate marketing (CRO) goals, conversion funnels, and more. By the time you finish the chapter, you'll have grown your understanding of the following:
- Defining and using CRO
- Applying the three components of CRO
- Methods of understanding your prospects and clientele
- Factors affecting conversion
- Web analytics
- Putting your conversion marketing strategy to the test
Accompanying each lesson you'll find a practice quiz you can use to assess your comprehension of the content topic-by-topic. These practice quizzes can be taken an unlimited number of times and can also be printed as worksheets for further use offline. At the end of the chapter, you can take a practice final exam for a more overall evaluation of your knowledge.
1. What is Conversion Rate Optimization? - Definition & Uses
Conversion rate optimization helps increase the percentage of visitors that visit a website. In this lesson, we will discuss what conversion rate optimization is, how to increase conversion rates, and the importance of A/B testing.
2. Using the Three Components of CRO in Marketing
Conversion Rate Optimization can create more leads and more sales for your business. In this lesson, you will learn about the three components of CRO and how to use each in an online marketing strategy.
3. Establishing CRO Goals in Marketing
Whether increasing sales or brand recognition, learning how to utilize Conversion Rate Optimization to meet business strategies is a crucial part of a marketing strategy. In this lesson, you'll learn more about how to establish CRO goals.
4. Strategies for Understanding Your Clients & Prospects
Companies need to know who they are selling their service and products to. This lesson will take a look at a few strategies for understanding clients and prospects through voice of the customer, surveys and testing, and focus groups.
5. Understanding Conversion Funnels in Marketing
Your website should be set up to optimize the user's journey through the conversion funnel. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the conversion funnel and how to apply it optimally to your website design.
6. Factors Impacting Conversion in Marketing
Many marketing campaigns are created to drive conversions (sales) from consumers. Nowadays, though, consumer distractions abound. To win sales, today's marketers must have a consistent presence; develop clear, concise messaging; and increase a customer's sense of urgency.
7. Tools for Web Analytics in Marketing
Web analytics tools can give you insight into the behaviors of your site visitors. In this lesson, you'll learn more about their various features and how to use them to improve website performance.
8. Testing Your Conversion Marketing Strategy
Conversion marketing relies on people performing a desired action online. Selecting the right conversion strategy can be tricky, but through analyzing and testing conversion rates, marketers can track the successful and failing methods.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional course
- Introduction to Marketing Strategies
- Content Marketing
- Email Marketing Best Practices
- Mobile Marketing Overview
- Search Engine Optimization in Marketing
- Paid Search (PPC) in Marketing
- Marketing with Social Media
- Web Analytics in Marketing
- OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional Flashcards