About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering SAT mathematics level 2 material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to prepare for this SAT math subject test. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to plot points on the coordinate plane or graph functions
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about coordinate geometry for the SAT
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Coordinate Geometry Basics chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Coordinate Geometry Basics chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any coordinate geometry question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a coordinate geometry unit of a standard math course. Topics covered include:
- Using a number line
- Identifying the parts of a graph
- Plotting points on the coordinate plane
- Graphing functions
1. What Is a Number Line?
A number line is a visual representation of all real numbers. In this lesson, we'll learn how to identify points on a number line. We'll also practice addition and subtraction, letting the number line do all the hard work.
2. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
Being able to read a graph isn't just vital for an algebra class. Graphs and charts are used everywhere! We'll take a crash course on the basic x/y plane used in algebra and the fundamental vocab you need.
3. Plotting Points on the Coordinate Plane
If you'll be working with a graph, otherwise known as the coordinate plane, it's essential to understand how it works. This includes learning the parts of a graph, identifying points and plotting points.
4. Graph Functions by Plotting Points
Let's say you have a function. What does it look like? How do you graph it? In this lesson, we'll learn how to graph functions by determining and plotting points.
5. Concentric Circles: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn what concentric circles are, and you'll see a few examples of sets of concentric circles. Then, you can test your knowledge with a brief quiz.
6. How to Find the Diameter of a Circle: Definition, Formula & Example
Learn the definition of the diameter of a circle and how to find it using a simple formula. See some examples, then test your knowledge with a short quiz.
7. Math Grids: Examples, Overview
Math grids are used practically everywhere. Learn how you can spot their use in your everyday life and how you can use them to help you communicate important data to others.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Mathematics Level 2: Help and Review course
- Basic Math Review: Help and Review
- Square Roots: Help and Review
- Basic Algebraic Expressions in Math: Help and Review
- Exponents in Math: Help and Review
- Linear Equations & Inequalities in Algebra: Help and Review
- Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- Polynomials in Algebra: Help and Review
- Functions in Math: Help and Review
- Rational Expressions in Algebra: Help and Review
- Matrices: Help and Review
- Sequences and Series in Math: Help and Review
- Exponentials and Logarithms in Math: Help and Review
- Complex Numbers in Math: Help and Review
- Graphing Linear Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- Advanced Coordinate Geometry: Help and Review
- Three-Dimensional Geometry: Help and Review
- Overview of Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Probability, Combinations & Permutations: Help and Review
- Working with Data & Statistics: Help and Review
- Logic: Help and Review
- Limits in Math: Help and Review