About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering SAT mathematics level 2 material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to prepare for this SAT math subject test. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to plot points on the coordinate plane or graph functions
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about coordinate geometry for the SAT
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Coordinate Geometry Basics chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Coordinate Geometry Basics chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any coordinate geometry question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a coordinate geometry unit of a standard math course. Topics covered include:
- Using a number line
- Identifying the parts of a graph
- Plotting points on the coordinate plane
- Graphing functions
1. What Is a Number Line?
A number line is a visual representation, or picture, of real numbers on a straight line. Learn how to identify points on a number line and then solve addition and subtraction problems using a number line.
2. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
A graph, otherwise known as a Cartesian or XY plane, is a visual representation of data. Learn the different parts of a graph, including the X and Y axes, points and coordinate pairs, and quadrants.
3. Plotting Points on the Coordinate Plane
Plotting points on a coordinate plane requires knowing the parts of a graph and how to identify points. Discover the components to plotting points and Descartes's conceptualization of the Cartesian coordinate plane in this lesson.
4. Graph Functions by Plotting Points
Graphing a function by plotting points allows for the visualization of all of the points that are used in an equation connect with one another. Learn how to find ordered pairs and also plot and connect points on a graph.
5. Concentric Circles: Definition & Examples
Concentric circles have the same midpoint and each circle lies within a larger circle, even if there are many of them in a set. Study the definition of concentric circles and examples of real-world concentric circles.
6. How to Find the Diameter of a Circle: Definition, Formula & Example
To find the diameter of a circle, multiply the circle's radius by two. Learn the definition of a diameter and a radius and review a detailed explanation of the formula used to find the diameter of a circle with examples.
7. Math Grids: Examples, Overview
A math grid, also known as a coordinate plane, is a set of intersecting lines that form small squares. Learn about the definition, kinds, and applications of math grids, as well as how they can be used in real-world situations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the SAT Mathematics Level 2: Help and Review course
- Basic Math Review: Help and Review
- Square Roots: Help and Review
- Basic Algebraic Expressions in Math: Help and Review
- Exponents in Math: Help and Review
- Linear Equations & Inequalities in Algebra: Help and Review
- Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- Polynomials in Algebra: Help and Review
- Functions in Math: Help and Review
- Rational Expressions in Algebra: Help and Review
- Matrices: Help and Review
- Sequences and Series in Math: Help and Review
- Exponentials and Logarithms in Math: Help and Review
- Complex Numbers in Math: Help and Review
- Graphing Linear Equations & Inequalities: Help and Review
- Advanced Coordinate Geometry: Help and Review
- Three-Dimensional Geometry: Help and Review
- Overview of Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Probability, Combinations & Permutations: Help and Review
- Working with Data & Statistics: Help and Review
- Logic: Help and Review
- Limits in Math: Help and Review