About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering high school trigonometry material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn high school trigonometry. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to find the distance between two points on a graph or calculate the slope of a line
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about coordinate geometry
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Coordinate Geometry Review chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Coordinate Geometry Review chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any coordinate geometry question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a coordinate geometry unit of a standard high school trigonometry course. Topics covered include:
- Parts of a graph
- The Cartesian coordinate system
- The midpoint formula
- The distance formula
- Point-slope form
- Slope-intercept form
1. What Are the Different Parts of a Graph?
Being able to read a graph isn't just vital for an algebra class. Graphs and charts are used everywhere! We'll take a crash course on the basic x/y plane used in algebra and the fundamental vocab you need.
2. How to Use The Midpoint Formula
The formula for the midpoint of a line segment will tell you how to find the middle of any line segment on the x, y plane. Learn about this formula and see how it is used to find the midpoint of a line segment.
3. How to Use The Distance Formula
You can't always rely on your smartphone to tell you how far you need to travel to get from point A to point B. The distance formula will tell you the distance between any two points on a graph. In this lesson, you'll learn where it comes from and how to use it!
4. Calculating the Slope of a Line: Point-Slope Form, Slope-Intercept Form & More
Being able to calculate the slope of a line is a very useful skill to have. Why? Watch this video lesson to find out and learn how to find the slope when working with various equations and various lines.
Flashcards - Number Line & the Coordinate Graph
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Trigonometry: Help and Review course
- Real Numbers - Types and Properties: Help and Review
- Working with Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Working with Inequalities in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Absolute Value Equations in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Working with Complex Numbers in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Systems of Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Mathematical Modeling in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Introduction to Quadratics in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Working with Quadratic Functions in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Functions for Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Understanding Function Operations in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Graph Symmetry in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Graphing with Functions in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Basic Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Rational Functions in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Trig - Rational Expressions & Function Graphs: Help & Review
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Trigonometric Functions: Help and Review
- Geometry in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Triangle Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Working with Trigonometric Graphs: Help and Review
- Trigonometric Equations: Help and Review
- Working with Trigonometric Identities: Help and Review
- Applications of Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Analytic Geometry & Conic Sections in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Vectors, Matrices & Determinants in Trigonometry: Help and Review
- Polar Coordinates & Parameterizations: Help and Review
- Circular Arcs, Circles & Angles: Help and Review
- TASC Math: Trigonometry