About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Corporate Social Responsibility & Citizenship chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||The history of social responsibility||How organizations approach social responsibility, contemporary examples, and the origins behind social responsibility|
|Tuesday||Levels of social responsibility||Economic responsibility, legal responsibility, ethical responsibility, and philanthropic responsibility|
|Wednesday||Ethics||Stakeholder theory, sustainability, arguments against social responsibility, and arguments in favor of social responsibility|
|Thursday||Corporate citizenship||Prestige pricing, commitment to ethical behavior, transparency, and the five stages of corporate citizenship|
|Friday||Social performance||Corporate social performance model, corporate social responsibility (CSR), social issues of stakeholders, social responsibility categories, and modes of social responsiveness|
1. Social Responsibility in Organizations
Watch this video lesson to learn how companies put into practice their social responsibilities. Learn how a socially responsible company helps the environment, people, and employees along with giving freely to society.
2. The Origins of Social Responsibility
Although the idea of business helping society can be traced back to ancient times, the full thrust of corporate social responsibility was born in the 1950s. In this lesson, you will learn the origins of social responsibility.
3. The Levels of Corporate Social Responsibility
Most companies do not start as socially-responsible companies. In fact, the path to embracing corporate social responsibility consists of four different levels that companies progress through that will benefit their stakeholders.
4. Business Ethics: Corporate Social Responsibility
Now that companies are concerned with society's welfare, corporate social responsibility is a controversial topic. In this lesson, learn the two theories of social responsibility and the arguments for and against the practice.
5. Corporate Citizenship: Definition & the Five Stages
Corporate citizenship is being adopted by more companies who have come to understand the importance of the ethical treatment of stakeholders. In this lesson, you will learn the definition and the five stages of corporate citizenship.
6. Corporate Social Performance: Definition & Responsibilities
How can managers judge if their company is providing good corporate citizenship or being socially responsible? In this lesson, you will learn about how a corporate social performance model is used to critique if a company is providing shareholder satisfaction.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Ethics Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Business Ethics Overview: Lesson Plans
- Employees, Stockholders, & Corporate Governance: Lesson Plans
- Management in Organizations: Lesson Plans
- Business, Government & Society: Lesson Plans
- Public Relations for Business: Lesson Plans
- Diversity in the Workforce: Lesson Plans
- The United States Government: Lesson Plans
- Business-Government Relations: Lesson Plans
- Government Regulation on Business: Lesson Plans
- Political Parties & Lawmaking: Lesson Plans
- Business & the Political Environment: Lesson Plans
- Composition & Roles of the Executive Branch: Lesson Plans
- The Federal Judicial Branch: Lesson Plans
- Antitrust Laws in Business: Lesson Plans
- Business & the Community: Lesson Plans
- The Media's Impact on Business: Lesson Plans
- Consumer Rights & Regulations: Lesson Plans
- Ethics in Advertising: Lesson Plans
- Strategies of Special Interest Groups: Lesson Plans
- Technology, Business, & Society: Lesson Plans
- Environmental Issues in Business: Lesson Plans
- The Global Business Environment: Lesson Plans
- International Trade & Business Law: Lesson Plans