About This Chapter
Corporate Vision, Mission & Change - Chapter Summary
These short and entertaining business lessons explore the basic components of organizational goals, vision statements and mission statements. Our expert instructors also break down several factors that lead to organizational success. You can complete this chapter any time using your computer or mobile device. Be sure to take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to check your understanding of the material. By the end of the chapter, you'll be able to:
- Identify organizational success factors
- Discuss the purpose of an organizational vision statement
- Compare several types of organizational goals
- Recognize the components of strong business goals and missions
- Analyze examples of company mission statements
- Summarize the process of strategic management
- Evaluate the effectiveness of an organization
- Tell how businesses develop mission statements
1. Organizational Success: Factors & Definition
To be successful, an organization must have a statement, a philosophy, and a series of programs and goals that focuses on the skills and talents of its employees. All of this must be managed with care and guidance so that the organization's mission is successfully accomplished.
2. Organizational Vision Statement: Definition, Purpose & Examples
What type of vision does your company have? In this lesson, you'll learn more about organizational vision statements and what role they serve in a business, and explore a few examples of strong vision statements.
3. What Are Organizational Goals? - Definition, Types & Examples
This lesson is an in-depth review of organizational goals. It will give you an idea of the different types of goals, show examples of organizational goals, and discuss how each can be measured for success.
4. Defining Business Missions & Goals
This lesson will define the terms 'business mission' and 'business goals' along with discussing important components of each. The lesson will also describe how business missions and goals intertwine.
5. Company Mission Statements: Definition & Examples
This lesson explains the role of a mission statement in an organization. Learn the definition of a mission statement, how they are created and how they are used.
6. The Strategic Management Process
We will be reviewing the strategic management process, starting with the four main steps of the process. These steps provide the foundation for understanding strategic management as a whole and will serve you well as you deal with management decision-making situations.
7. How to Evaluate Organizational Effectiveness
An organization is an entity that can be measured. We can measure an organization's effectiveness just as we can for an individual. This lesson highlights five models for analyzing organizational effectiveness.
8. Business Plans: How to Develop a Business Mission Statement
Companies must develop an effective business mission statement in order to have an effective foundation for their marketing plan. This lesson explains what a mission statement is and the characteristics of a good business mission statement.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 304: Leading Organizational Change course
- How Leadership Affects Organizational Change
- Leadership Theories & Organizational Change
- Types of Leadership in Business
- Power & Leadership in Business Organizations
- Choosing Organizational Structures
- Change Factors in Organizations
- Management Functions & Organizational Change
- Organizational Change Theories
- Strategies for Implementing Changes in Business
- Communicating Change in Business
- Organizational Change & Company Culture
- Issues in Leading Organizational Change
- Globalization & Organizational Change
- Required Assignments for Business 304
- Studying for Business 304