About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering sentence errors material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn about correcting errors in sentences. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding subject-verb agreement and sentence errors
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about high school English (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about correcting errors in sentences
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra high school English learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Correcting Errors in Sentences chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Correcting Errors in Sentences chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any high school English question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a sentence errors unit of a standard CAHSEE English exam course. Topics covered include:
- Errors in subject-verb agreement
- Verb tense errors
- Single and plural pronoun errors
- Clause errors
- Errors in punctuation and sentence structure
1. Identifying Subject-Verb Agreement Errors
It's important that the subject and verb in every sentence agree in number. While it's often easy to make this happen, there are a few situations in which it can be tricky to achieve subject-verb agreement. This lesson explains how you can be sure to pair the right verb with a subject.
2. Identifying Errors of Verb Tense
In order to identify verb tense errors, you'll need to learn about the six verb tenses and how they differ. Once you know how to look for them, problematic shifts in verb tenses can be spotted and avoided easily.
3. Identifying Errors of Singular and Plural Pronouns
It's sometimes not completely clear at first whether a singular or plural pronoun is necessary in a sentence. This lesson covers those confusing situations and explains how to be sure that you're using the right pronoun.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CAHSEE English Exam: Help and Review course
- Interpreting Literature: Help and Review
- Analyzing Drama & Literature: Help and Review
- Literary Terms: Help and Review
- Reading Informational Texts: Help and Review
- Evaluating Arguments and Reasoning: Help and Review
- Sentence Structure - Grammar Elements: Help and Review
- Sentence Structure & Mechanics: Help and Review
- Types of Essays on the CAHSEE: Help and Review
- Essay Basics - Essay Writing: Help and Review
- The Writing Process - Development and Planning: Help and Review
- How to Write and Structure an Essay: Help and Review
- The Writing Process - Revision and Skill Development: Help and Review
- CAHSEE English Exam Help and Review Flashcards