About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other CAHSEE English Exam work.
- Identify the sentence error corrections concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our CAHSEE English Exam tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about correcting errors in sentences and earn passing scores on the CAHSEE Exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding how to identify mistakes in subject-verb agreement, clauses and punctuation or any other correcting errors in sentences topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning and exam review
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their correcting errors in sentences review unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead on the CAHSEE English Exam
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about error corrections in sentences simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about error corrections in sentences for the CAHSEE on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Identify subject-verb agreement errors.
- Discuss verb tense errors.
- Be able to pick out errors of singular and plural pronouns.
- Take a look at errors involving clauses.
- Become familiar with punctuation errors.
- Learn about errors involving sentence construction.
1. Identifying Subject-Verb Agreement Errors
It's important that the subject and verb in every sentence agree in number. While it's often easy to make this happen, there are a few situations in which it can be tricky to achieve subject-verb agreement. This lesson explains how you can be sure to pair the right verb with a subject.
2. Identifying Errors of Verb Tense
In order to identify verb tense errors, you'll need to learn about the six verb tenses and how they differ. Once you know how to look for them, problematic shifts in verb tenses can be spotted and avoided easily.
3. Identifying Errors of Singular and Plural Pronouns
It's sometimes not completely clear at first whether a singular or plural pronoun is necessary in a sentence. This lesson covers those confusing situations and explains how to be sure that you're using the right pronoun.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CAHSEE English Exam: Tutoring Solution course
- Interpreting Literature: Tutoring Solution
- Analyzing Drama & Literature: Tutoring Solution
- Literary Terms: Tutoring Solution
- Reading Informational Texts: Tutoring Solution
- Evaluating Arguments & Reasoning: Tutoring Solution
- Sentence Structure - Grammar Elements: Tutoring Solution
- Sentence Structure & Mechanics: Tutoring Solution
- Types of Essays on the CAHSEE: Tutoring Solution
- Essay Basics - Essay Writing: Tutoring Solution
- The Writing Process - Development and Planning: Tutoring Solution
- The Writing Process - Writing and Structuring an Essay: Tutoring Solution
- The Writing Process - Revision and Skill Development: Tutoring Solution