About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other CAHSEE English Exam work.
- Identify the sentence error corrections concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our CAHSEE English Exam tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about correcting errors in sentences and earn passing scores on the CAHSEE Exam. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding how to identify mistakes in subject-verb agreement, clauses and punctuation or any other correcting errors in sentences topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning and exam review
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their correcting errors in sentences review unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead on the CAHSEE English Exam
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about error corrections in sentences simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about error corrections in sentences for the CAHSEE on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Identify subject-verb agreement errors.
- Discuss verb tense errors.
- Be able to pick out errors of singular and plural pronouns.
- Take a look at errors involving clauses.
- Become familiar with punctuation errors.
- Learn about errors involving sentence construction.
1. Identifying Subject-Verb Agreement Errors
A subject-verb agreement is when the object in a sentence connects to the motion in a sentence in numerical value, meaning they are either both singular or both plural. Learn more about identifying subject-verb agreements, simple and compound sentence, subject-verb inversion, and indefinite pronouns to avoid errors.
2. Identifying Errors of Verb Tense
Knowledge of grammar rules and the six verb tenses is key to writers being able to identify errors and use tense consistently; verb tense refers to the time that action occurs. Explore the correct usage of present, past, future, present perfect, past perfect, and future perfect tenses.
3. Identifying Errors of Singular and Plural Pronouns
Singular and plural pronouns are words that take the place of a noun. Learn about pronoun basics, pronoun-antecedent agreement, and indefinite pronouns, then discover how to identify and correct errors in their usage.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the CAHSEE English Exam: Tutoring Solution course
- Interpreting Literature: Tutoring Solution
- Analyzing Drama & Literature: Tutoring Solution
- Literary Terms: Tutoring Solution
- Reading Informational Texts: Tutoring Solution
- Evaluating Arguments & Reasoning: Tutoring Solution
- Sentence Structure - Grammar Elements: Tutoring Solution
- Sentence Structure & Mechanics: Tutoring Solution
- Types of Essays on the CAHSEE: Tutoring Solution
- Essay Basics - Essay Writing: Tutoring Solution
- The Writing Process - Development and Planning: Tutoring Solution
- The Writing Process - Writing and Structuring an Essay: Tutoring Solution
- The Writing Process - Revision and Skill Development: Tutoring Solution