About This Chapter
Create a Table in Excel: Chapter Summary
In this set of lessons, you'll see how easy it can be to organize your Excel data into a table. Learn about the formatting choices and how to use the various table tools to organize your table just the way you prefer.
Our video lessons deliver instruction in easy-to-manage bites so you won't feel overwhelmed, and the instructors are experienced Excel experts. After working your way through each lesson, complete the short, multiple-choice quiz to check on your progress.
Topics covered in this chapter include:
- Creating tables in Excel worksheets
- Adding columns and rows to tables
- Removing rows and columns from Excel tables
(Please note that all demonstrations in this chapters use Microsoft Excel 2013. Some features, tools and displays might be somewhat different in other versions.)
Excel is a trademark of the Microsoft Corporation, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
1. How to Create a Table in an Excel Worksheet
Whether you need to sum it, list it or analyze it, Excel is definitely the right tool. Creating tables in a worksheet makes it even easier. This lesson will discuss the benefits of using tables and guide you through the steps to creating them.
2. How to Add & Remove Columns & Rows in an Excel Table
Tables in Excel make it easy to add and remove data or insert and delete rows. This lesson will guide you through the steps to adding and removing data, rows and columns in an Excel table.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Excel: Essential Training & Tutorials course
- Creating Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Formatting Worksheets & Workbooks in Excel
- Customizing Options & Views in Excel
- Configure to Print & Save in Excel
- Format Cells & Ranges in Excel
- Insert Data in Cells and Ranges in Excel
- Filter and Sort a Table in Excel
- Order & Group Cells & Ranges in Excel
- Modify a Table in Excel
- Use Cell Ranges & References for Formulas & Functions in Excel
- Summarize Data with Functions in Excel
- Functions with Conditional Logic in Excel
- Format & Modify Text with Functions in Excel
- Create a Chart in Excel