About This Chapter
Creating & Assessing Ad Messages - Chapter Summary
Find out all about the process of creating and assessing ad messages by reviewing fun lessons developed by instructors with a wealth of advertising knowledge. This chapter offers an in-depth look at consumer sales promotion, marketing technology, the promotional marketing mix and much more! Select any number of lessons to review based on the knowledge you current have and want to acquire. Navigate them in any sequence, and review them as often as you'd like. Feel free to assess your comprehension by taking short lesson quizzes. In no time, you will be able to:
- Define corporate issue advertising and corporate image advertising
- Share the meaning and purpose of consumer sales promotion
- Explain the basics of trade sales promotion and the promotional marketing mix
- Describe how marketing technology guides customer relationship management
- Discuss the meaning and effectiveness of testimonials in advertising
1. Corporate Image & Issue Advertising: Definition & Examples
This lesson will focus on the promotion of a company or a specific issue. In this lesson, we will discuss corporate advertising, corporate image advertising, and corporate issue advertising.
2. Consumer Sales Promotion: Definition and Purpose
Manufacturers offer many kinds of incentives to encourage consumers to buy their products once they reach a retailer. Watch this video to learn more about how consumer sales promotion entices customers to buy.
3. Trade Sales Promotion and the Promotional Marketing Mix
Manufacturers offer all kinds of incentives to retailers to help sell their products. Watch this video to learn more about trade promotion and its goals, including persuading retailers, encouraging promotion, and maintaining stock.
4. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management helps companies retain customers and boost the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. Watch this video to see how customer relationship management is guided by technology to provide the most appropriate level of customer service.
5. Testimonials in Advertising: Definition & Examples
The use of testimonials in advertising is a marketing strategy that relies upon previously satisfied customers' statements of approval to promote a product or service. In this lesson, you will learn what testimonials in advertising are, how they are effective, and where they might be found.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TECEP Advertising: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Overview of Advertising Management
- Overview of Integrated Marketing Communication
- Market Segmentation
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Target Marketing
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Positioning
- Fundamental Marcom Decisions & Marketing Objectives
- Media Planning & Analysis in Advertising
- Internet Advertising
- Sales Promotion Techniques
- Marcom Tools
- Ethical, Regulatory & Environmental Advertising Issues
- TECEP Advertising Flashcards