About This Chapter
Creating Digital Campaigns - Chapter Summary
The creation of digital marketing campaigns ensures that businesses succeed in achieving their marketing goals. Businesses aim to design strategies that will get them a return on their investments. Learn about these concepts, as well as other topics related to digital campaigns, with the aid of our instructors. Engaging video lessons will guide you through this chapter's content, while quizzes will help you test your own knowledge of the subjects. When you're done, you should be able to:
- Evaluate return on investment, or ROI, in the context of marketing
- Describe digital marketing's tactical communication mix
- Identify metrics that are used to measure brand awareness
- Differentiate between intent to buy and brand awareness
- Summarize the consumer communication process
- Develop effective digital ad campaigns
- Outline the stages of a sales funnel
- Assess the differences between owned, paid and earned digital media
- Leverage owned digital marketing assets
- Drive traffic and sales using online promotions and events
- Differentiate your brand by developing a compelling advertising campaign
- Explain the importance of contingency planning in digital marketing
1. Brand Awareness: Definition, Strategy, Metrics & Measurement
This lesson discusses brand awareness. Strategies to increase brand awareness are provided and examples of how brand awareness can be measured are also provided.
2. Brand Awareness vs. Intent to Buy
Making your product or service known to your customers can be a challenge. This lesson will discuss brand awareness and intent to buy, as well as how to use digital marketing to bridge the gap between the two.
3. Promotion and the Consumer Communication Process
The marketing communication process' sole purpose is to translate the promotional message effectively to the end consumer. The communication process contains multiple components that must be planned and produced with a message that connects with the target market.
4. How to Develop a Digital Ad Campaign
After this lesson, you'll be able to assemble a successful digital ad campaign using a few steps identified by major marketing and advertising organizations. These include defining metrics, choosing tools, finding a hook, measuring, and optimizing.
5. The Tactical Communication Mix in Digital Marketing
The digital marketer's toolkit has grown - and keeps growing - by leaps and bounds as new and creative ways of reaching online audiences are discovered. In this lesson, we'll learn about the mix of tactical communication tools used in digital marketing.
6. Sales Funnel: Definition & Stages
The sales funnel is a fundamental marketing process that sales organizations must understand. Learn how consumers move from learning about a product or service to making a purchase for the item.
7. Owned, Earned & Paid Digital Media: Definition & Differences
Owned, earned, and paid digital media all have a place in marketing, despite their differences. In this lesson, we'll explore each one, look at some examples, and see how they differ in terms of delivery.
8. Leveraging Owned Digital Assets in Marketing
Making use of owned digital assets is an inexpensive way to build awareness and loyalty while racking up sales. In this lesson, we'll discuss the importance of leveraging - and monitoring - your website, blog, and mobile and social channels.
9. Using Online Promotions & Events to Drive Traffic & Sales
In this lesson, we learn how to use promotions and events to drive online traffic, trials, and sales. We relate the use of promotions and events to buyer behavior and cover common types of digital promotions.
10. Developing an Advertising Campaign to Differentiate Your Brand
In this lesson, we explain how to prepare a creative ad strategy and campaign message that differentiates your product or service from the competition. The right campaign differentiates a brand and builds a preference for a client.
11. Measuring ROI of Digital Marketing Methods
Measuring return on investment (ROI) in marketing is critical to understanding how well your tactics are working. This lesson will define marketing ROI and show you how to determine which digital marketing methods are worth your investment.
12. Contingency Planning for Digital Marketing
It's not a question of if you'll run into a snag with your digital marketing, it's a question of when. In this lesson, we examine contingency plans for digital marketing and how you can best protect your business from an error.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising course
- Marketing & the Internet
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Segmentation & Targeting
- Online Marketing & Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Advertising & Promotions
- Mobile Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Digital & Web Analytics
- Customer Engagement & Relations
- Digital Marketing Plan Strategy
- Required Assignments for Business 309
- Studying for Business 309