About This Chapter
Creating Inclusive Environments in the Workplace - Chapter Summary
This corporate training chapter is intended for executive-level employees who want to create highly inclusive workplace environments. Taught by expert business instructors, this chapter outlines several components that contribute to workplace inclusivity, such as:
- Diversity training
- Conflict resolution
- Employee networking opportunities
The chapter is available 24/7, which helps busy executives review these topics at any time that's convenient. Included in the chapter are bite-sized video lessons, as well as interactive self-assessments that reinforce important terms and concepts.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter can help executives become more aware of workplace diversity and conflict resolution issues.
- Encourages an avoidance of workplace drama: A lesson on the Drama Triangle can help executives take away methods for avoiding drama in the workplace.
- Improves employee engagement skills: Lessons show executives techniques for supporting employees and creating an inclusive workplace environment.
By the end of the chapter, your company's executives should be able to:
- Recognize the importance of workplace diversity training
- Outline the Karpman Drama Triangle
- Manage and resolve conflicts in the workplace
- Support teambuilding and encourage employee networking opportunities
1. What Is Diversity Training in the Workplace? - Definition & Importance
Diversity training is an ongoing process to educate employees on the proper way to treat people of different backgrounds. The main goal of a successful diversity training program is to create a positive work environment.
2. The Karpman Drama Triangle & the Workplace: Definition & Avoidance
Workplace relationships can be complicated. In this lesson, we'll look at a specific complication in relationships, the Karpman Drama Triangle, and how it can be avoided in the workplace.
3. Conflict Resolution: Managing Conflict in Organizations
Conflict can be solved in many ways. This lesson provides an overview of the different types of conflict resolution strategies, including avoidance, accommodation, competition, compromise, and collaboration.
4. Supporting Teambuilding & Opportunities for Employee Networking
This lesson will discuss teambuilding opportunities and events that allow for employee networking. We'll also look at how allowing employees to participate in these types of activities can drive engagement and morale.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Empowering Employees for Executives course