About This Chapter
Creating and Managing Active Directory Users and Computers in Windows 2016 - Chapter Summary
Those working with Windows 2016 must have a clear understanding of Active Directory, in particular how to create and manage users and computer objects. With quizzes and worksheets about topics like Active Directory installation, templates and tools, you can be sure that you're mastering the material after completing each lesson. If you struggle with any of these concepts, submit your questions through the Dashboard for one of our experts to answer. This chapter is self paced, so you can review as few or as many of the lessons as you need. Once you've studied the lessons in this chapter, you'll be able to:
- Define Active Directory
- Demonstrate how Active Directory can be used to manage users
- Explain how to create both local and domain users in Active Directory using user creation tools
- Utilize templates to create users
- Create computer objects in Active Directory
1. Active Directory Installation & User Management Overview
In this lesson, you will learn about Active Directory Installation & User Management and how it is used in Windows server installations to assist in network security.
2. Creating User Objects in Active Directory in Windows Server 2016: Explanation & Tools
This lesson describes the methods for creating both local user accounts and domain user accounts in Active Directory for Windows Server 2016. You'll learn how to use Computer Management and the command prompt to create local user accounts. You'll also learn how to use Powershell, dsadd.exe, and the Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) graphical user interface to create domain user accounts.
3. Creating Multiple Users in Active Directory for Windows Server 2016: Template & Tools
In this lesson, you will learn how to create user templates to create users in Windows Server 2016's Active Directory. You will also learn about the creation of multiple users using the 'csvde.exe' and 'ldifde.exe' tools as well as Windows Powershell.
4. How to Create Computer Objects in Active Directory for Windows Server 2016
In this lesson, you will learn what computer objects are in Windows Server 2012 R2 Active Directory. You will also learn how to create computer objects using the Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC) interface. Other options for creating computer objects such as Active Directory Administrative Center (ADAC), PowerShell and Dsadd will also be discussed.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 322: Windows Server Configuration course
- Windows Server 2016 Installation & Configuration
- Configuring Storage & Replication in Windows Server 2016
- File & Share Access in Windows Server 2016
- Installing & Configuring Hyper-V in Windows Server 2016
- Active Directory Groups & Organizational Units in Windows Server 2016
- Configuring Network Services with IPv4 & IPv6 in Windows Server 2016
- DHCP & DNS Configuration & Deployment in Windows Server 2016
- Installing Windows Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2016
- Ensuring High Availability in Windows Server 2016 Installations
- Clustering in Windows Server 2016
- Windows Containers in Windows Server 2016
- Security Policies, Group Policies & User Account Control in Windows Server 2016
- Security Policies, Application Restrictions & Windows Firewall in Windows 2016
- Maintaining & Monitoring Windows Server 2016