About This Chapter
Creative Problem Solving Techniques in Business - Chapter Summary
This chapter works as a guide to problem-solving. Instructors explain how your employees can work together to ensure that the most pressing problems are fixed in the most creative, efficient ways. Content emphasizes what actions to take and what to avoid. The following is included in these lessons:
- Organizational problem-solving steps and skills
- Various kinds of problems and strategies for resolving them
- The process of reframing and thinking outside the box
As a corporate training tool, this chapter uses video lessons so that you, as an HR manager, can use to train your employees to become better creative problem solvers. In order to test progress, quizzes are included and an exam at the end of the chapter helps determine how well your employees grasp the topics.
How It Helps
- Develops a creative working environment: Your employees can build a more creative decision-making process through brainstorming techniques.
- Focuses on finding solutions: Teams learn about solution-based methods in order to avoid issues such as groupthink.
- Teaches group decision-making: Employees will understand the strengths and weaknesses of group decision-making.
- Defines different approaches: The tools and methods used in problem-solving help teams choose their best options.
By the end of this chapter, your employees will be able to:
- Clearly understand the process of organizational problem-solving
- Outline certain kinds of problems and implement creative solutions
- Explain the concept of reframing as it relates to creative problem-solving
1. Problem Solving in Organizations: Skills, Steps & Strategies
We all have a variety of problems to solve at work each day. You can learn more about some of the ways that effective managers deal with problems and overcome even the toughest challenges in this lesson.
2. Types of Problems & Problem Solving Strategies
We solve hundreds of small problems everyday. This lesson covers different types of problems, such as routine vs. non-routine, and many of the different problem-solving strategies we use, including algorithms, heuristics, graphic representations and the IDEAL Strategy.
3. Problem Solving with Reframing: Definition & Examples
Every day we are faced with problems that we need to solve in our personal and professional lives. This lesson will discuss problem solving using reframing.
4. Practical Application: Problem Solving Checklist for Supervisors
This checklist will help you when trying to solve a problem in the workplace. Here, you'll be able to see a list of questions to ask yourself to help guide you to a solution to any workplace problem.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.