About This Chapter
Creativity & Innovation in the Workplace - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, instructors teach teams how to be creative and innovative in the workplace. Teams must have the proper tools and environment in order to develop new ideas. The following is included in these lessons:
- Defining creativity and describing its accessibility to everyone
- Explaining innovation and outlining it can be used to get ahead of competition
- The ways in which critical thinking and creativity are related
- Building an environment that inspires creativity
This chapter uses engaging video lessons that are focused on creativity and innovation. This corporate training tool helps employees understand the creative process and explains how they can be innovative thinkers. Quizzes are included, while an exam at the end of the chapter helps you, as an HR manager, test the comprehension of your employees.
How It Helps
- Defines critical thinking: Your employees can develop critical and creative thinking skills.
- Provides tools for creativity: With the proper tools, all of your employees can learn to be innovative.
- Teaches how to foster creativity: Understanding brainstorming and other tactics to encourage creativity.
- Ensures the use of innovation: Your employees will learn to be innovative in order to stay ahead of the competition.
By the end of this chapter, your employees will be able to:
- Clearly define creativity and the necessity for it in the workplace
- Understand the importance of innovation in a field of change
- Discuss critical thinking and its overlap with creative thinking
- Explain the ways in which a workplace can foster a creative work environment
1. What Is Creativity? - Definition & Exercises
Creativity is subjective and involves responding to a task, adding value and usefulness to it. Discover the definition and exercises of creativity, the four-C model of creativity, and the debunking of common myths.
2. Creativity, Innovation, and Change and the Knowledge Economy
Creativity, innovation, change, and the knowledge economy are all related to business. Examine what Michelangelo and Alexander Graham Bell teach us about these topics, learn about the knowledge economy, and discover effective ways to approach change.
3. Creative & Critical Thinking in Business: Importance & Examples
Creativity and critical thinking in business decisions will help to amplify outcomes and create different strategies for workplace or business plans. Learn more about the importance and definitions of creative and critical thinking, with examples.
4. Fostering Creativity in the Workplace
Encouraging creativity amongst employees in the workforce will help the productivity of their work and help to foster more creative solutions to issues. Learn more about how to encourage creativity in the workplace, gently encouraging competition, how to avoid negativity, and rewarding good work.
5. Practical Application: Improving Individual Creativity
How can you become a more individually creative and innovative employee? Here, we'll be looking at open-ended questions that can help you find ways to improve individual creativity not only in yourself but also in your fellow employees.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page