About This Chapter
Crisis Management & International Business - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter focus on crisis management practices and how they can be applied in international business settings. You'll go over how crises can be prevented and their effects on a business's reputation as well as how crises can lead to organizational change and how they impact businesses differently in different cultures. Easily track your progress through these lessons via the Dashboard, send any lesson-specific questions directly to instructors and assess your knowledge by taking quizzes that assess how much you have retained from this material. Once you have completed this chapter, you should have the ability to:
- List the elements of crisis planning and management in business
- Relate the phases of international crisis management
- Describe what cultural factors impact business reactions to crises
- Discuss global communication strategies
- Summarize the effect of a crisis on a company's reputation
- Explain the implementation of change in an organization following a crisis
- Analyze a case study involving a real-life crisis at Toyota and how it was managed by the company
1. Crisis Planning & Management in Business: Definition & Elements
Companies should be educated about crisis planning and management in business. In order to avert or repair any crises, there are numerous crisis planning elements that need to be in place in order to prevent a corporate downfall.
2. Crisis Management in International Business
Crisis management in international business is essential. In this lesson, we'll discuss the steps to take in a crisis, phases of a crisis, and evaluating the risks in international business.
3. Business Case Study: Crisis Management at Toyota
This lesson will take a look at crisis management when companies are faced with emergency situations. The company used to look at this topic will be Toyota. Then, strategies for crisis management will be discussed.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 308: Globalization & International Management course
- Global Business Environments
- Global Leadership & Management
- Virtual Teams & Project Management
- Effect of Globalization on Organizations
- Global Trade & Business Law
- Global Business, Government & Society
- Foreign Exchange Market & Purchasing Power
- Global Marketing Basics
- Culture & Ethics in International Business
- Social Responsibility in Corporations
- Changes in the Global Marketplace
- Required Assignments for Business 308
- Studying for Business 308