About This Chapter
Crisis Management in Public Relations - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
Crisis management plays an important role in public relations. This chapter will help you understand the important elements and theories involved with this process. Draw the information you need from our engaging lessons, and test your ability to apply crisis management skills with our self-assessment quizzes. Complete these lessons, and you'll learn more about:
- Public issues and modern corporations
- Effective issue management processes
- Crisis planning
- Risk communication theory
- Current communications phenomena
|Public Issues & Their Significance in the Modern Corporation||Understand how modern corporations are impacted by public issues.|
|What is an Effective Issue Management Process?||Learn about how to identify an effective issue management process.|
|Crisis Planning & Management in Business: Definition & Elements||Examine the elements of crisis planning and management in business.|
|Risk Communication Theory and Application||Explore risk communication theory and learn how to apply it to a public relations plan.|
|Crisis Management & Current Communications Phenomena||Assess how social media can play a role in crisis management.|
1. Public Issues & Their Significance in the Modern Corporation
In this lesson, you'll learn how corporations use environmental analysis and competitive intelligence to keep abreast of public issues and why this is important to keeping their stakeholders satisfied.
2. What Is an Effective Issue Management Process?
Companies have to constantly be alert for potential public issues. In this lesson you will learn how to utilize an effective issue management process to proactively solve problems.
3. Crisis Planning & Management in Business: Definition & Elements
Companies should be educated about crisis planning and management in business. In order to avert or repair any crises, there are numerous crisis planning elements that need to be in place in order to prevent a corporate downfall.
4. Risk Communication Theory and Application
Communicating with the public sometimes requires risk communications. In this lesson, you'll learn more about risk communication theory and how it applies to public relations.
5. Crisis Management & Current Communications Phenomena
In today's world, social media and viral communications can speed up a public relations crisis. This lesson will examine how this happens along with strategies for handling these issues.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Public Relations 101: Intro to Public Relations course
- Defining Public Relations
- History & Growth of Public Relations
- Communication in Public Relations
- Public Opinion & Attitudes
- Management in Public Relations
- Ethics in Public Relations
- Law & Public Relations
- Research Methods in Public Relations
- Types of Media
- Employee Relations
- Government Relations & PR
- Community Relations & PR
- International Consumer Relations
- Effective Writing for Public Relations
- The Public Relations Plan
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Launching a Career in Public Relations