About This Chapter
Crisis Management & International Business - Chapter Summary
In this international business chapter, you'll find engaging lessons that explain crisis management methods for international business. Using an easy-to-follow instructional style, our instructors explain the purposes and effects of crisis management and walk you through a real-life case study involving the Toyota company.
You can check your understanding of the chapter material by taking the included self-assessment quizzes and end-of-chapter exam. Study these lessons at any time that fits your schedule via a computer or mobile device. After reviewing this collection of international business lessons, you should be able to:
- List the steps for crisis planning and management
- Understand the importance of crisis management in international business
- Evaluate the role of communication and reputation in international business crisis management
- Explain the benefits of organizational learning after a crisis
- Analyze a business case study regarding crisis management at Toyota
1. Crisis Planning & Management in Business: Definition & Elements
Companies should be educated about crisis planning and management in business. In order to avert or repair any crises, there are numerous crisis planning elements that need to be in place in order to prevent a corporate downfall.
2. Crisis Management in International Business
Crisis management in international business is essential. In this lesson, we'll discuss the steps to take in a crisis, phases of a crisis, and evaluating the risks in international business.
3. Communication & Crisis Management in International Business
Communication and crisis management in international business are essential. In this lesson, we will discuss what a crisis response plan is, the impact of crises on stakeholders, and stakeholders' reactions after a crisis.
4. Reputation & Crisis Management for International Businesses
Reputation & crisis management for international business varies but is essential in most countries. In this lesson, we will discuss crisis management for reputation, protecting reputation, and when reputation is not important.
5. Business Case Study: Crisis Management at Toyota
This lesson will take a look at crisis management when companies are faced with emergency situations. The company used to look at this topic will be Toyota. Then, strategies for crisis management will be discussed.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 320: Advanced International Business course
- Globalization & International Business
- Organizational Structure & Communication
- Understanding Global Economic Environments
- World Trade Organization
- Entering the Global Marketplace
- Regional Integration
- International Trade Theory & Policy
- Global Money System
- Exchange Rate Determination & Forecasting
- Factors of Economic Growth & Development
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Balance of Payments
- International Business Strategy
- International Business Ethics