About This Chapter
Critical Thinking in Business - Chapter Summary
The goal of this engaging chapter is to educate your employees about the multiple facets associated with the use of critical thinking in business. The following topics will be addressed in this chapter:
- The necessity of critical thinking in the corporate world
- Different dimensions of critical thinking
- Strategies and activities related to critical thinking
- Barriers to critical thinking
- Process of critical thinking
While your employees are looking over this chapter, they can check their understanding of different topics by completing different corporate training video lessons.
How It Helps
- Improves decision-making: After going through this chapter, your employees will be able to make better decisions for the greater good of the company.
- Breaks down barriers: Any barriers to critical thinking are spotlighted, helping employees figure out ways around them.
- Creates effective outcomes: Employees who know the different dimensions of critical thinking will be able to be more effective when making important business decisions.
Once your employees read completely through this chapter, they will be able to:
- Define critical thinking
- Identify characteristics of critical thinking
- Review the steps involved in the critical-thinking process
- Determine what the dimensions are for critical thinking
- Learn what hinders the creative-thinking process
1. Creative & Critical Thinking in Business: Importance & Examples
Businesses are aware that the need for creative and critical thinking is essential to their success. This lesson explains creative and critical thinking and shows the importance of both in business.
2. The Critical Thinking Process: Point-of-View, Assumptions, Evidence & Conclusions
In this lesson, you'll learn the steps involved in the critical thinking process. You'll consider how coming to a conclusion effectively involves multiple questions that get you thinking about a topic in a new way.
3. Dimensions of Critical Thinking
If you have an important question to answer or a complex problem to solve, the process of thinking critically can determine coming to the right or the wrong conclusions. Continue reading to learn about five dimensions of critical thinking.
4. Critical Thinking: Exercises, Activities & Strategies
Critical thinking skills are something that we develop over time through practice and commitment. In this video, we'll explore some exercises, activities and strategies to improve your critical thinking skills and ability to be objective.
5. Common Barriers to Critical Thinking
Have you ever regretted how you behaved in a situation or a decision you made? In this lesson we will discuss critical thinking and the barriers that can prevent us from thinking clearly and making good decisions.
6. Practical Application: Overcoming Common Barriers to Critical Thinking
Critical thinking is a key component when making good business decisions. But sometimes circumstances and ways of thinking can prevent people from thinking critically. Reflect on the barriers to critical thinking with this scenario.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.