About This Chapter
CSET Business - Business in International Settings - Chapter Summary
Brush up on your knowledge of international business, including management tips for an international corporation, differences in culture and marketing strategies, as you prepare to take the CSET Business exam. Let our videos and quizzes help you prepare for exam questions on the following:
- Management in an international business
- Breaking into and expanding in international markets
- International marketing strategies
- Trade regulations and restrictions and business treaties
- Emotional differences between cultures
- Role of globalization in organizational structure, culture and behavior
- Communication and emotion across cultures
- Teams in a global setting
- Diversity in global groups
These lessons are available anytime, on a desktop computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet. Every lesson features a clickable timeline that lets you jump back to review key parts in the video without having to re-watch the entire lesson.
CSET Business - Business in International Settings Chapter Objectives
In California, licensure to teach business requires passing the CSET Business exam. There are three subtests on the exam. Subtest III has 40 multiple-choice questions; 15 are in the Business Environment and Communication section, and this is where you could see questions on international business. An extended constructed-response (essay) question is also in this section.
You can practice answering multiple-choice questions on a computer with the short tests that accompany each of our lessons. These self-assessment quizzes let you gauge your knowledge to see where your weaknesses lie.
1. Managerial Functions in the International Organization
Every manager focuses on five different aspects of management. These aspects are common knowledge and when used together, they help to create an effective manager. This lesson will address those areas and integrate them into international business.
2. International Trade Regulations & Restrictions
Importing and exporting are vital elements to a healthy U.S. economy. Businesses should be familiar with international laws regarding trade. This lesson defines imports and exports and discusses international trade regulations and restrictions.
3. International Business Expansion Methods
Oftentimes, the best opportunities for a business are not at home but abroad. In this lesson, you'll learn about different methods of taking advantage of the international market. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
4. Treaties Under Article II of the U.S. Constitution
Treaties are an important part of international law. A treaty is a legally binding agreement made between two or more government entities. This lesson explains the difference between bilateral and multilateral treaties.
5. Globalization and Organizational Structure
Organizational structure can be influenced by many different aspects of globalization. In this lesson, we will explore organizational structure and the impact globalization can have on it.
6. Globalization and Organizational Culture
Culture influences almost every aspect of an organization. Globalization is one of the forces that influences organizational culture, and in this lesson we will talk about just how globalization impacts organizational culture.
7. Globalization and Organizational Behavior
As the world around us gets smaller, globalization will be in more areas and impact organizations. Organizational behavior is impacted by globalization and in this lesson we will discuss that aspect.
8. How Emotions Differ Across Cultures
Every country and culture expresses emotions in different ways. This is a constantly growing issue for international organizations. In this lesson, we will describe some of these differences.
9. Cross-Cultural Communication: Definition, Strategies & Examples
Cross-cultural communication is imperative for companies that have a diverse workforce and participate in the global economy. It is important for employees to understand the factors that are part of an effective, diverse workforce.
10. How Teams Differ in a Global Setting
Different cultures view teams, or teaming, very differently. Those perspectives are compounded when there are multicultural teams present. This lesson will look at this issue in more detail.
11. Group Status, Social Loafing & Diversity in Global Groups
Group status changes depending on culture, and as groups become more diverse, different perspectives and opinions will arise. In this lesson, we will address the issues of culture as it relates to group status, social loafing, and diversity.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Business Test: Practice and Study Guide course
- CSET Business - Management Functions
- CSET Business - Functions in a Business
- CSET Business - Managing Change
- CSET Business - Planning & Problem Solving
- CSET Business - Leadership
- CSET Business - Motivation
- CSET Business - Groups in Organizations
- CSET Business - Organizational Culture and Structure
- CSET Business - Ethical & Social Responsibility
- CSET Business - Business Law
- CSET Business - Production & Operations Management
- CSET Business - Human Resource Management
- CSET Business - Marketing Strategies and Concepts
- CSET Business - Sales, Promotion & Customer Service
- CSET Business - Global Marketing
- CSET Business - Accounting Principles
- CSET Business - Principles of Finance
- CSET Business - Personal Finance
- CSET Business - Economic Concepts
- CSET Business - Microeconomics
- CSET Business - Macroeconomics: General Concepts
- CSET Business - Macroeconomics: Unemployment & Inflation
- CSET Business - Macroeconomics: Money, Federal Reserve System & Banking
- CSET Business - Macroeconomics: Fiscal and Monetary Policy
- CSET Business - International Economics
- CSET Business - Computer Technology
- CSET Business - Information & Media Systems
- CSET Business - Ethics, Security & Data Integrity
- CSET Business - Network Communications
- CSET Business - Programming
- CSET Business - Entrepreneurship
- CSET Business - Business Communications
- CSET Business - Career Development
- CSET Business Flashcards