About This Chapter
CSET Business Subtest III: Ethics, Security, and Data Integration - Chapter Summary
By watching the video lessons in this chapter, you'll learn about topics such as electronic data privacy, intellectual property management, and security plan implementation. Use these lessons to expand your knowledge of subjects you'll need to know for the CSET Business Subtest III. Video lessons in this chapter cover:
- Individual and organization-wide computer security and threat prevention
- Intellectual property and open source software concerns
- Technology's impact on privacy
Using clear, everyday language and examples you can relate to, these videos can help you understand and remember important facts about topics like those on the CSET Business Subtest III.
CSET Business - Ethics, Security, and Data Integrity: Objectives
The CSET Business exam measures your skill, knowledge, and competence in the subject of business to prepare you for California teacher licensing in that subject. Subtest III comprises a third of the CSET Business exam. For the ethics, security, and data integration portion of the CSET Business Subtest III, you'll have to:
- Understand procedures related to business ethics, including intellectual property ethics
- Know the basics of implementing a security plan for information systems
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of ethics and privacy plans for organizations using electronic data
In the CSET Business Subtest III, you'll answer two constructed-response questions, in which you'll analyze and respond to an introductory paragraph, graphic, or similar type of resource. One constructed-response question is short and focused, while the other question requires a detailed answer. After refreshing your memory of data integration, ethics, and security terms and ideas with these video lessons, you can feel confident going into the exam.
The CSET Business Subtest III also includes 40 multiple-choice questions. Of these, 15 cover the business environment and communication, and the other 25 have to do with information technology (which includes ethics, data integrations, and security). Each of our video lessons includes a self-assessment quiz to help you gain experience with questions similar to those found on the exam.
1. Intellectual Property and Open Source Software: Issues and Concerns
One of the defining issues of the Internet era is intellectual property rights. The Internet has made it easy to access digital media and illegally copy it. This lesson will discuss intellectual property including protections through copyrights, trademarks and patents. We will also explore the open source movement and the growing trend toward free, unprotected software.
2. Computer Security & Threat Prevention for Individuals & Organizations
Computer security and threat prevention is essential for individuals and organizations. Effective security measures can reduce errors, fraud, and losses. This lesson will explore unintentional threats and intentional threats. Various security measures and defenses will be explored, including encryption, firewalls, anti-virus, anti-spyware, passwords, back-ups, and biometric security.
3. Impact of Technology on Privacy
Technology has a number of social and ethical implications that cause debate and concern. One specific issue is privacy. Information technology has opened up society and decreased privacy. This lesson will explore a number of privacy issues that are of concern, including electronic surveillance, availability of personal information, cookies and spyware, and workplace monitoring.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Business Subtest III (177): Practice & Study Guide course
- CSET Business - Computer Technology
- CSET Business - Information & Media Systems
- CSET Business - Network Communications
- CSET Business - Programming
- CSET Business - Entrepreneurship
- CSET Business - Business Communications
- CSET Business - International Business
- CSET Business - Career Development
- CSET Business Subtest 3 Flashcards