About This Chapter
CSET Business - Functions in a Business - Chapter Summary
Renew your understanding of various functions of a business, such as marketing, human resources management and accounting, as you study for the CSET Business exam. Let our videos and quizzes help you study for questions concerning:
- Elements of marketing
- Role of operations management
- Hiring and staffing
- Product development strategies
- Financial controls
- Management information systems
- Interrelationships in organizations
Our lessons are developed and taught by experts who understand what you'll need for success on the exam. You can watch as your schedule permits, using a computer or mobile device. If you have additional questions, feel free to contact the instructor.
CSET Business - Functions in a Business Chapter Objectives
Passing the CSET Business exam is one of California's requirements for licensure to teach the subject. The exam is divided into three subtests, and questions about business functions are in subtest I, which covers business management and marketing. There are 40 multiple-choice questions in subtest I, along with one extended and one short (focused) constructed-response question.
Each of our lessons includes a short multiple-choice quiz that allows you to assess your knowledge and determine areas where you need additional study. Our quizzes also offer a chance to practice answering questions in a format like you'll see on exam day.
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. Operations Management: Focusing on Production Efficiency & Customer Satisfaction
Operations is the lifeblood of any organization - how a business works and processes materials and services helps produce its output. In this lesson we will focus on operations and explain the elements present in it.
3. Human Resource Management: Hiring and Staffing
In this lesson, we will explore the role a manager plays in human resource management, including hiring and staffing. We will also look at the circumstances affecting employment decisions such as promotion, turnover, downsizing, job redesign and termination.
4. Product Development and Business Growth: Process & Strategies
Product development is an essential part of any company's growth strategy. It allows for growth in sales and market share. This development, though, is a finely tuned process that we will discuss in this lesson.
5. Financial Controls in Organizations
Organizations have to deal with a lot of money. How do they keep it all straight? In this lesson, we're going to explore the concept of financial controls and see how these can be used to help organizations manage their resources.
6. Management Information Systems: Using Data to Manage Operations
Management information systems (MIS) are an important source of data for any organization. How that data is reviewed and analyzed is the responsibility of the managers, and in this lesson we will describe the role of MIS and how managers can use different types of data MIS can produce.
7. Organizational Interrelationships & Goals
The major goal of any business is for all its workers to work as one united team. In larger organizations, workers are organized into departments. Watch how important it is for these departments to form interrelationships within the organization.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Business Test: Practice and Study Guide course
- CSET Business - Management Functions
- CSET Business - Managing Change
- CSET Business - Planning & Problem Solving
- CSET Business - Leadership
- CSET Business - Motivation
- CSET Business - Groups in Organizations
- CSET Business - Organizational Culture and Structure
- CSET Business - Ethical & Social Responsibility
- CSET Business - Business Law
- CSET Business - Production & Operations Management
- CSET Business - Human Resource Management
- CSET Business - Marketing Strategies and Concepts
- CSET Business - Sales, Promotion & Customer Service
- CSET Business - Global Marketing
- CSET Business - Accounting Principles
- CSET Business - Principles of Finance
- CSET Business - Personal Finance
- CSET Business - Economic Concepts
- CSET Business - Microeconomics
- CSET Business - Macroeconomics: General Concepts
- CSET Business - Macroeconomics: Unemployment & Inflation
- CSET Business - Macroeconomics: Money, Federal Reserve System & Banking
- CSET Business - Macroeconomics: Fiscal and Monetary Policy
- CSET Business - International Economics
- CSET Business - Computer Technology
- CSET Business - Information & Media Systems
- CSET Business - Ethics, Security & Data Integrity
- CSET Business - Network Communications
- CSET Business - Programming
- CSET Business - Entrepreneurship
- CSET Business - Business Communications
- CSET Business - Business in International Settings
- CSET Business - Career Development
- CSET Business Flashcards