About This Chapter
CSET Business Subtest I: Global Marketing - Chapter Summary
Use the tutorials in this chapter to master the concepts and strategies of global marketing in preparation for Subtest I of the CSET Business examination. Topics covered in these lessons include:
- Understanding the process of integrating into foreign markets
- Recognizing relevant factors in developing global marketing strategies
- Grasping the cultural considerations of international marketing
- Establishing familiarity with the balance of trade concept
- Understanding international logistical concerns and strategies
These video lessons can support your CSET success with their clear, to-the-point delivery and specific informational content. Videos are broken down according to subject and equipped with summaries and topic timelines to help you focus your exam preparation and pass the business CSET.
Objectives of the CSET Business Subtest I: Global Marketing Chapter
The CSET Business test assesses whether a prospective teacher is prepared to be certified to teach business in the state of California. The Global Marketing chapter covers information found on the first of three subtests of the business CSET. Lessons in this chapter contain corresponding quizzes that can assist you in gauging your comprehension of each lesson's content.
On Subtest I of the CSET Business exam, there are 2 open-ended questions (1 extended and 1 short and focused) and 40 multiple-choice questions. The content of the questions is evenly divided between the disciplines of business management and marketing.
1. Breaking Into Foreign Markets: International Marketing Strategies
Companies look to international markets to increase their sales and profits. Market managers must decide on the mode of entry into a foreign market. The options, ranging from least to most risky, are exporting, licensing, franchising, contract manufacturing, joint ventures and direct investments.
2. International External Marketing: Culture, Economics, Tech & More
International marketing plans have a specific marketing mix that will differ tremendously from the domestic version. Marketing managers have to take into account a country's economic, technological, logistical, and sociocultural differences in order to successfully target an overseas market.
3. International Marketing Mix and the 4 Ps of Marketing
In this lesson, we will discuss how to adjust the marketing mix when pursuing an international market. Additionally, the Internet's impact on the marketing mix will be discussed.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Business Subtest I (175): Practice & Study Guide course
- CSET Business - Management Functions
- CSET Business - Major Functions in a Business
- CSET Business - Managing Change
- CSET Business - Planning & Problem Solving
- CSET Business - Leadership
- CSET Business - Motivation
- CSET Business - Groups in Organizations
- CSET Business - Organizational Culture and Structure
- CSET Business - Ethical & Social Responsibility
- CSET Business - Business Law
- CSET Business - Production & Operations Management
- CSET Business - Human Resource Management
- CSET Business - Marketing Strategies and Concepts
- CSET Business - Sales, Promotion & Customer Service
- CSET Business Subtest 1 Flashcards