About This Chapter
CSET Business Subtest I: Major Functions in a Business - Chapter Summary
Use this chapter's lessons to enhance your comprehension of the fundamental elements of a business and help improve your performance on the CSET Business Subtest I examination. These videos address the following subjects to help you score well on the exam:
- Recognizing the four main marketing elements
- Comprehending the functions of operations management
- Identifying the fundamental elements of human resource management
- Addressing product development
- Understanding and utilizing accounting practices
- Developing financial protocols and procedures
- Understanding the function of management information systems
Each topic is covered in a brief video tutorial, along with examples and lesson summaries to help you focus your exam preparation. This breakdown of specific concepts can make the information easier to assimilate, contributing to your success on the CSET.
Objectives of the CSET Business Subtest I: Major Functions in a Business
The CSET series of business exams tests your knowledge of business-related concepts, determining your readiness to be certified to teach business as a discipline. The Major Functions in a Business chapter offers an overview of integral business principles on which you'll be questioned on the actual CSET Business Subtest I. The quizzes included with each video lesson allow you to assess how well you understand the material, in addition to giving you a taste of the kinds of questions you'll see on the exam itself.
Subtest I of the CSET Business test incorporates 20 multiple-choice business management questions and 20 multiple-choice marketing questions. In addition, one constructed-response question is included for each of these two disciplines.
1. Introduction to Marketing: Definition and Applications
In this introductory video lesson on marketing, you'll learn what marketing is, how it's used to reach consumers and why it's important to businesses. You'll also see how exchange is related to marketing.
2. Operations Management: Focusing on Production Efficiency & Customer Satisfaction
Operations is the lifeblood of any organization - how a business works and processes materials and services helps produce its output. In this lesson we will focus on operations and explain the elements present in it.
3. Human Resource Management: Hiring and Staffing
In this lesson, we will explore the role a manager plays in human resource management, including hiring and staffing. We will also look at the circumstances affecting employment decisions such as promotion, turnover, downsizing, job redesign and termination.
4. Product Development and Business Growth: Process & Strategies
Product development is an essential part of any company's growth strategy. It allows for growth in sales and market share. This development, though, is a finely tuned process that we will discuss in this lesson.
5. What Is Accounting? - Purpose, Importance & Relationship to Business
Just as French is considered the language of love, accounting is considered the language of business. In this lesson, you will learn exactly what accounting is. You will also learn the purpose of accounting, why it is important, and how it relates to the business world.
6. Financial Controls in Organizations
Organizations have to deal with a lot of money. How do they keep it all straight? In this lesson, we're going to explore the concept of financial controls and see how these can be used to help organizations manage their resources.
7. Management Information Systems: Using Data to Manage Operations
Management information systems (MIS) are an important source of data for any organization. How that data is reviewed and analyzed is the responsibility of the managers, and in this lesson we will describe the role of MIS and how managers can use different types of data MIS can produce.
8. Organizational Interrelationships & Goals
The major goal of any business is for all its workers to work as one united team. In larger organizations, workers are organized into departments. Watch how important it is for these departments to form interrelationships within the organization.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Business Subtest I (175): Practice & Study Guide course
- CSET Business - Management Functions
- CSET Business - Managing Change
- CSET Business - Planning & Problem Solving
- CSET Business - Leadership
- CSET Business - Motivation
- CSET Business - Groups in Organizations
- CSET Business - Organizational Culture and Structure
- CSET Business - Ethical & Social Responsibility
- CSET Business - Business Law
- CSET Business - Production & Operations Management
- CSET Business - Human Resource Management
- CSET Business - Marketing Strategies and Concepts
- CSET Business - Sales, Promotion & Customer Service
- CSET Business - Global Marketing
- CSET Business Subtest 1 Flashcards