About This Chapter
CSET Business Subtest I: Organizational Culture and Structure - Chapter Summary
Develop your proficiency in organizational culture and structure as you prepare for the Business CSET with the lessons in this chapter. The videos explain topics such as the following to help ready you for related test questions:
- Identifying and understanding the seven components of organizational culture
- Understanding the contingency theory in business
- Comprehending organizational design
- Defining and differentiating among traditional organizational business designs
- Recognizing various contemporary organizational designs
Individual videos provide specific instruction in each area, giving you manageable chunks of information to support your exam preparation. Recognizing these concepts can give you a broader understanding of how businesses function and help you answer correlative questions correctly on the CSET.
Objectives of the CSET Business Subtest I: Organizational Culture and Structure Chapter
The CSET Business test is designed to assess potential teachers' readiness to receive business teaching certification in the state of California. Subtest I of the test, which accounts for approximately 33% of the full exam, tests candidates on topics addressed in the lessons of this chapter. The self-assessment quizzes included with each tutorial allow you to assess your understanding of the material and take a look at the types of questions the CSET contains.
Of the 42 questions on Subtest I, 40 are multiple-choice. The remaining two questions are open-ended and require the composition of an original response. All the Subtest I questions relate to either marketing or business management.
1. What is Organizational Culture? - Definition & Characteristics
An organization's system of beliefs which govern behavior is known as an organizational culture. Gain an understanding of the definition, characteristics, and broad applications through familiar examples.
2. Contingency Theory: Definition and Significance to Organizational Behavior
Contingency theory gives insight into why organizations behave the way they do. Learn the definition and significance of this theory, as well as the independent and dependent variables that affect organizational behavior.
3. Organizational Design and Organizational Behavior
An organization is defined as a group working together toward a common goal or purpose, but in order to work efficiently an organization needs structure, clear roles and relationships. This lesson will dive into the ways that organizational design and behavior, work specialization, and centralization can affect employee performance and an organization's success.
4. Organizational Design and Structure
Changes in organizational design affect organizational structure, and vice-versa. Explore the factors that form a complete organization and how they affect this relationship between organizational design and structure.
5. Types of Traditional Organizational Designs: Simple, Functional & Divisional Designs
Managers use organizational designs to find the best way to group people together to help them achieve their goals. Learn about the three types of traditional organizational designs, including simple, functional, and divisional designs.
6. Types of Contemporary Organizational Designs: Matrix, Team & Network Designs
There are a number of organizational structures that can be chosen and implemented by managers or businesses. Learn about three of these contemporary organizational designs: matrix design, team design, and network design.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the CSET Business Subtest I (175): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the CSET Tests
- CSET Business - Management Functions
- CSET Business - Major Functions in a Business
- CSET Business - Managing Change
- CSET Business - Planning & Problem Solving
- CSET Business - Leadership
- CSET Business - Motivation
- CSET Business - Groups in Organizations
- CSET Business - Ethical & Social Responsibility
- CSET Business - Business Law
- CSET Business - Production & Operations Management
- CSET Business - Human Resource Management
- CSET Business - Marketing Strategies and Concepts
- CSET Business - Sales, Promotion & Customer Service
- CSET Business - Global Marketing
- CSET Business Subtest 1 Flashcards