About This Chapter
CSET Business - Principles of Finance: Chapter Summary
The California Subject Examinations for Teachers (CSET) Business Subtest II covers a number of topics related to accounting, finance and economics. If basic finance is an area where you could use a bit of a refresher, this chapter could be just what you're looking for. Through a series of video lessons, you'll learn about common financial planning tools and come to understand the importance of forecasting, budgeting and long-range planning. This chapter also addresses the following topics:
- Interpreting standard financial statements
- Financial models and statistical analysis/probability
- Calculating the time value of money
- Liquidity and activity
- Profitability and leverage
CSET Business - Principles of Finance Objectives
Aspiring high school business teachers must pass the 3-part CSET Business Single Subject Exam as part of the teacher certification process in California. The CSET Business Subtest II includes 25 multiple-choice questions and one short constructed-response question focused on accounting and finance. The latter should take around 10-15 minutes to complete and will be scored based on your subject matter knowledge, how well your answer addresses the question and how well you support your answer.
To ready yourself for the CSET Business Subtest II, you can watch the video lessons in this chapter and complete the accompanying quizzes. The quizzes can be taken before viewing the videos if you'd like to gauge your initial knowledge of this subject, and you're welcome to take them additional times to see if your skills have improved.
1. Present and Future Value: Calculating the Time Value of Money
A central concept in business and finance is the time value of money. We will use easy to follow examples and calculate the present and future value of both sums of money and annuities.
2. What Are Financial Statements? - Definition, Purpose & Importance
Financial statements are big players in the world of accounting. In this lesson, you will be introduced to each of the financial statements. You will also learn what their role is in the accounting industry, who they are important to and why they are important.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Business Subtest II (176): Practice & Study Guide course
- CSET Business - Accounting Principles
- CSET Business - Personal Finance
- CSET Business - Economic Concepts
- CSET Business - Microeconomics
- CSET Business - Macroeconomics: General Concepts
- CSET Business - Macroeconomics: Unemployment & Inflation
- CSET Business - Macroeconomics: Money, Federal Reserve System & Banking
- CSET Business - Macroeconomics: Fiscal and Monetary Policy
- CSET Business - International Economics
- CSET Business Subtest 2 Flashcards