About This Chapter
CSET English Subtest 2 Flashcards - Summary
By utilizing this fun collection of flashcard sets, you can refresh your knowledge of concepts covered on CSET English Subtest 2. Flip through the flashcards at your own pace, and use repetition to memorize facts about human language structure, language development, literacy studies, grammatical structures and parts of speech. Specific topics covered in these flashcards include the following:
- Semantics, pragmatics and syntax in writing
- Language acquisition, stages of language development and teaching reading
- Inference, connotation, denotation, structure in writing and interpreting literary meaning
- Parallelism, subject-verb agreement, comma usage and sentence embedding
- Possessive nouns, antecedents, verb forms, predicates and adjectives vs. adverbs
How They Work
Flashcards allow you to use your memorization skills to absorb important English concepts. Enhance your ability to excel on CSET English Subtest 2 by following the process below:
- Open a flashcard set for the CSET English topic you're studying.
- Identify the English term or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET English Subtest II (106): Practice & Study Guide course