About This Chapter
Cultural Contributions & Technological Developments in History- Chapter Summary
Through this online chapter, you'll come to understand the ways culture and technology have evolved and changed in different areas of the world over time. After completing this chapter, you'll be familiar with the following topics:
- Influence of science and technology on history
- Culture in Africa and the Middle East
- Technology growth in Africa
- Technological changes in the Middle East
- Patterns of culture in East Asia, South Asia, Russia and Central Asia
- Technology evolution in Asia
- Culture and technology in Europe
- Cultural trends in the Caribbean, Central and South America
- Technological advances in the Americas
We know you are a busy educator, and we fully understand your demanding schedule. That is why all of our lessons are short and to the point. They are taught by highly knowledgeable instructors so the lessons are information-packed. Our video lessons come with a timeline feature that allows you to jump around to areas you need to concentrate on more. Our text lessons are filled with bolded terms and phrases that emphasize the material you should be focusing on.
1. How Science and Technology Shape History
We invite you to discover how science and technology have completely shaped and changed the course of human history, from the wheel to the combustion engine to medicine to the internet, in this lesson.
2. Cultural Patterns of Africa & the Middle East
Although Africa and the Middle East have different regional cultural patterns, these patterns share some common or universal aspects. In this lesson, we'll touch upon the highlights of these cultural patterns, including those related to language, religion, land use and education.
3. Technological Developments & Contributions of Africa
Africa is the birthplace of humanity. It is also the place where a lot of important technological developments have taken place in various fields. This lesson goes over some of them.
4. Technological Developments & Contributions of the Middle East
In this lesson, you will learn about some of the history and more contemporary contributions coming out of the Middle East or thanks to Middle Eastern inventors.
5. Cultural Patterns of East Asia
After watching this video, you should be able to describe the cultural patterns of East Asia, including Japan, China, North Korea, and South Korea. A short quiz will follow.
6. Cultural Patterns of South Asia
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to describe the various cultures of countries in South Asia and realize ways in which they are different from each other. A short quiz will follow.
7. Cultural Patterns of Russia & Central Asia
After watching this video, you will be able to describe the culture of Russia and Central Asia, and the various factors that have influenced it over the years. A short quiz will follow.
8. Technological Developments & Contributions of Asia
Have you ever wondered where some of the most common or most important inventions and pieces of technology have come from? Look no further than Asia! Let's explore the contributions of India, China, and Japan to our world.
9. Cultural Patterns of Europe
After watching this video, you will be able to describe some distinctive aspects of European culture and describe the make-up of European languages, ethnicities, religions, land-use and education. A short quiz will follow.
10. Technological Developments & Contributions of Europe
Have you ever wondered where some of the simplest and sometimes most important pieces of technology you come across everyday come from? Look no further than Europe or European inventors.
11. Cultural Patterns of the Caribbean, Central & South America
This lesson describes the cultural patterns of the Caribbean, Central America, and South America. It will specifically highlight the influences of Europe, Africa, and the ancient tribes of the regions.
12. Technological Developments & Contributions of the Americas
The Americans include North and South America. Between these two continents, the people residing here have given a lot to the world in terms of technological developments as you'll find out.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Elementary Education K-6 (060): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the FTCE Elementary Education K-6 Test
- Understanding Emergent Literacy
- The Reading Process & Comprehension Strategies
- Representations of Information in the Classroom
- Literary Analysis & Genres
- Understanding & Teaching the Writing Process
- Literacy Instruction & Assessment
- Classroom Organization & Grouping
- Communication & Media Literacy
- Social Science Instruction & Comprehension
- World Civilizations & Historical Timelines
- Age of Exploration, Settlement & Growth
- Florida & U.S. History
- History's Impact on World Institutions
- Fundamental Geography Concepts
- Regional Divides & Connections
- Fundamental Government & Civics Concepts
- Fundamental Economics Concepts
- Strategies for Science Instruction
- Tools & Resources for Science Instruction
- Understanding the Nature of Science
- Scientific Data Interpretation & Analysis
- Interdisciplinary Nature of Science
- Basics of Physical Science
- Basics of Earth Science
- Basics of Space Science
- Cells & Organ Systems
- Life Science Classification & Life Cycles
- Interactions Among Living Things
- Basics of Plant Biology
- Mathematics Instructional Practices
- Interpreting Numbers, Data & Expressions
- Properties of Equality & Operations
- Solving Arithmetic & Word Problems
- Number Theory Concepts
- Fractions, Ratios & Integers
- Measurement, Data & Statistics
- Geometric Concepts
- Studying for FTCE Elementary Education
- FTCE Elementary Education K-6 Flashcards