About This Chapter
Cultural Etiquette in Spanish-Speaking Countries - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll find a series of short and entertaining video lessons that discuss cultural etiquette in Spanish-speaking countries. Using a simplified teaching style, our instructors help you learn and remember aspects of cultural etiquette for South America, Spain and the Caribbean Islands. Be sure to take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to retain the information you study. You can access the chapter at any time using your desktop, laptop, mobile device or tablet. By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Recognize cultural etiquette in South America
- Describe Spain's cultural etiquette
- Assess the nature of cultural etiquette in the Spanish-speaking Caribbean Islands
1. Cultural Etiquette in Spanish-Speaking South America
Each country in South America is unique, but some cultural aspects are shared. This lesson concentrates on those aspects while highlighting some important differences.
2. Cultural Etiquette in Spain
This lesson provides you with an overview of some practices that surround the Spanish culture so you can make the most of your visit - whether it is for pleasure, business, or any other purpose!
3. Cultural Etiquette in Spanish-Speaking Caribbean Islands
Through this lesson, you learn general and basic etiquette to travel in the Spanish-Speaking islands of the Caribbean. You also learn about some cultural aspects of each island that are unique and, thus, do not apply to all islands.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Spanish Language and Culture: Exam Prep course
- The Spanish Alphabet
- Basic Spanish Writing Conventions
- Spanish Verb Tenses
- Complex Spanish Verb Tenses
- Conjugations of Common Spanish Verbs
- Spanish Conversational Basics
- Describing People & Places in Spanish
- Expressing an Opinion in Spanish
- Understanding Spanish Texts
- Writing in Spanish
- Latin American Geography
- Culture, History & Politics in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Discussing Politics in Spanish
- Discussing Environmental Issues in Spanish
- Discussing Science & Technology in Spanish
- Discussing Social Issues in Spanish
- Discussing Families & Communities in Spanish
- Discussing Art & Architecture in Spanish
- Discussing Aesthetics & Beauty in Spanish
- AP Spanish Language & Culture Flashcards