About This Chapter
Cultural Revolution in China Lesson Plans & Resources - Chapter Summary
This collection of lesson plans and teacher resources helps instructors plan fully dimensional lessons about China's Cultural Revolution. Take a look inside the chapter to find lesson plan outlines regarding China's Great Leap Forward, the creation of Taiwan and the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution in China.
After planning your lessons, you can easily incorporate our supplemental resources in your classroom. We've included assignable quizzes and bite-sized lessons to help you engage your students and see how well they understand these historical topics.
How It Helps
- Additional resources: Enhances your Chinese Cultural Revolution curriculum with supplemental lessons and quizzes
- Learning objectives: Helps you break down Chinese Cultural Revolution topics in a way that students can easily understand
- Curriculum standards: Make sure your Chinese Cultural Revolution curriculum meets history standards
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning lessons about China's Cultural Revolution easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific Chinese Cultural Revolution topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your Chinese Cultural Revolution class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related Cultural Revolution in China lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important Cultural Revolution in China concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant Chinese Cultural Revolution activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. China's Cultural Revolution Lesson Plan
While America was built on a democratic premise, China's political system became increasingly more combative as late as the 20th century. This lesson plan explores the details and effects of that political system and includes a vocabulary activity, reading assignment, comparison analysis and quiz.
2. The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution in China
For most of the 20th century, China was in a turmoil. In this lesson, you study about one of the most somber episodes from that history: the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution, which occurred between 1966 and 1976.
3. China's Great Leap Forward Lesson Plan
This lesson plan uses a text lesson, a mind map vocabulary activity as well as a short writing and presentation assignment to help your students better understand the vision and realities behind China's Great Leap Forward.
4. The Great Leap Forward: Definition, Timeline & Result
The Great Leap Forward was an important program in Chinese history, but there were many unintended effects. In this lesson, we'll talk about this movement and see how it impacted China's industrial development.
5. Chinese Revolution Lesson Plan
This lesson plan will enhance your students' comprehension of the rise of communism in China and the geographical separation of Taiwan. Students will watch a video, participate in discussion questions, complete an activity, and take a quiz.
6. The Chinese Revolution and Creation of Taiwan: History & Timeline
In this lesson we explore the long struggle between the Kuomintang and the Chinese Communist Party before, during, and after WWII, and the subsequent creation of Taiwan after the communist victory.
7. Mao Zedong Lesson Plan
In this lesson plan, students will learn about Mao Zedong - the major events of his life and how he transformed China. Students will compile a timeline, read primary source documents, and engage in a creative writing activity.
8. Mao Zedong: Biography, Facts & Accomplishments
In this lesson, you'll be learning about the life of Mao Zedong, the founder of the People's Republic of China. You'll look at the facts surrounding his ascension and even his accomplishments and then you can test your knowledge with a quiz.
9. Chinese Communism Lesson Plan
If you're discussing communism, this lesson plan explores communism in China. Students will watch a video, participate in discussion questions, complete an activity and take a quiz.
10. The History of Communism in China
In this lesson, you will explore the history of communism in China and discover how it has influenced China since 1945. Then, test your understanding with a brief quiz.
11. China's Civil War Lesson Plan
The Chinese Civil War provides a glimpse into communism and those who opposed the new government. Students will learn more about the civil war when they read the lesson, complete an activity, and take a quiz.
12. Chinese Civil War: Summary, Facts & Timeline
This lesson will discuss information regarding the early days of the Cold War in Asia. The following information will provide a wealth of source material on the Chinese Civil War (timeline included).
13. Significance of the Chinese Civil War
War plays a major part in history, as well as our current world. In this lesson, we will explore the Chinese Civil War, its major players, significance, and the outcomes that still affect the world today.
14. Modern Chinese History Essay Topics
Any teacher in search of world history essay topics to use with their students will find a number of examples in this lesson. The following essay topics will all cover the topic of modern Chinese history.
15. Chinese Culture Essay Topics
Chinese culture is such a huge topic it can be difficult to know where to begin. This lesson aims to narrow the focus a bit by providing teachers with Chinese culture essay topics.
16. The Year of the Panda Lesson Plan
This lesson plan is intended for classes that have read Miriam Schlein's ''The Year of the Panda.'' Students will summarize the work and consider how it reflects values of Chinese culture then write their own short stories using these characters.
17. Red Scarf Girl Discussion Questions
'Red Scarf Girl' is an autobiography by Ji Li Jiang about the rise of communism in China and its effects on her wealthy family. This asset contains classroom discussion questions about this book.
18. Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah Activities
''Chinese Cinderella'' is a nonfiction book about a girl growing up in China with her neglectful stepmother. Students can explore this novel and their thoughts about it with these in-class activities.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the World History Since 1900: Lesson Plans & Resources course
- World War I Lesson Plans
- Russian Revolution & Communist Era Lesson Plans
- World War II Lesson Plans
- World War II Diplomacy Lesson Plans
- Pacific Theater of World War II Lesson Plans
- The Holocaust Lesson Plans & Resources
- Atomic Bombs Lesson Plans & Resources
- Modern African History Lesson Plans
- Vietnam & Cold Wars Lesson Plans