About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering culture words in French will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn French words and phrases about culture. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding French vocabulary words about fashion, music and hobbies
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning French (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn words and phrases about culture in French
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra French learning resources
How It Works:
- Find lessons in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Watch the video or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the transcripts or specific lesson sections to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Culture in French: Vocabulary & Phrases chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Culture in French: Vocabulary & Phrases chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any French culture vocabulary question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos and read text lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a culture vocabulary unit of a standard French course. Topics covered include:
- French fashion words
- French words that describe hobbies
- Musical terms and instruments
- Language names
- Words related to marital status
- French dialects
- French words describing nationalities
1. French Fashion Words
If you're in Paris, you're likely to do a bit of shopping. You might even buy the most eccentric fashion items! Let's go over the basics of French fashion vocabulary to help you with your French shopping sprees.
2. Describing Hobbies in French
What is the best way to start a conversation? Talking about your hobbies! In this lesson, we'll go over the basic vocabulary used to describe hobbies in French.
3. French Musical Terms
In France, music is part of everyday life: live from festivals or concerts, or even on your daily metro ride. Let's go over the basics of some French musical terms.
4. Language Names in French
Especially when conversing in a second language, it's useful to be able to identify the languages you speak. This lesson will help you learn language names in French.
5. Marital Status in French
When learning French, there will be times when the need arises to state your marital status in French. In this lesson, we will learn the adjectives and words to use when stating your or someone else's marital status.
6. Musical Instruments in French
Focusing on the classical orchestra and instruments popular in French jazz, this lesson covers the French names of musical instruments. We'll discuss families of classical instruments and provide lists of instruments found in each family.
7. French Musical Vocabulary
In this lesson, we will learn some music vocabulary in French. Specifically, this lesson will discuss some key terms and phrases related to music, common genres, and the names of some musical instruments.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic French: Help & Review course
- Basic French Vocabulary
- Basic French Spelling & Pronunciation
- French Sentence Structure
- French Nouns & Pronouns
- Basic French Verbs
- French Verb Tenses & Conjugation
- French Adjectives & Adverbs
- French Expressions
- Places in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Animals in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Jobs in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Writing in French
- Food in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- The Home in French: Vocabulary & Phrases
- Sports & Activities in French: Vocabulary & Phrases