About This Chapter
Currency Changes in International Finance - Chapter Summary
This self-paced international finance chapter examines concepts related to currency changes. As you work through these short and engaging lessons, you'll explore the ways currency changes affect a variety of factors, including imports, exports, trade deficits and inflation. You'll also take a look at currency crises. The chapter comes with short quizzes to help you strengthen your understanding of the information. You can study the chapter any time that's convenient, and it's accessible on any computer or mobile device. By the end of the chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain how imports and exports are affected by currency changes
- Describe the impact of currency appreciation/depreciation on trade deficits, inflation and unemployment
- Define the concept of currency crisis
- Recognize the causes, effects and solutions for the Asian financial crisis
1. How Currency Changes Affect Imports and Exports
Learn about how currency changes can affect imports and exports. Find out how this affects you. Discover what happens when a dollar is strong compared to other currencies and what happens when it is weak.
2. What is a Currency Crisis? - Definition & Examples
This lesson defines currency crisis. You'll also learn about some of the many causes of currency crises and some recent examples of them from around the world.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Finance 302: International Finance course
- Foundations of International Finance
- The Balance of Payments in International Finance
- History of Money & Finance
- Globalization & Multinational Firms
- Foreign Exchange Markets
- International Capital Markets
- Risk Management in International Finance
- Hedging & Strategic Decision Making
- International Financial Scams & Crises