About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other financial accounting work.
- Identify the current and long-term liabilities in accounting concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our college financial accounting tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn current and long-term liabilities and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding known liabilities, contingent liabilities, bond financing or any other long-term liabilities topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their accounting learning
- Prefer learning accounting visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their current and long-term liabilities in accounting unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in financial accounting
- Don't have access to their accounting teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning current and long-term liabilities in accounting simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live financial accounting tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn current and long-term liabilities on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Identify the characteristics of current and long-term liabilities.
- Provide examples of current known liabilities.
- Learn how to account for estimated and contingent liabilities.
- Measure long-term liabilities using present value and future value concepts.
- Explain how to account for long-term liabilities.
- Describe the characteristics of different types of bonds.
- Discuss the advantages of bond financing.
- Determine the issuance price of a bond.
- Explain how to account for bonds that were issued at a discount or premium.
- Learn how to record bond retirements.
- Determine a company's leverage and its ability to repay loans using debt-related financial ratios.
1. Bonds: Types, Characteristics and Issuing Procedures
In this lesson, you will learn about some of the more common types of bonds and their characteristics. Bonds include: secured and unsecured bonds, term and serial bonds, registered and bearer bonds, and convertible and callable bonds.
2. The Advantages of Bond Financing
This lesson introduces you to the basics of bond financing, important vocabulary related to bond financing, and the financial advantages to the bond issuer. You will learn why bond issuances are a great way for companies to fund large projects.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Financial Accounting: Tutoring Solution course
- Introduction to Accounting: Tutoring Solution
- Financial Statements in Accounting: Tutoring Solution
- Mechanics of the Accounting Cycle: Tutoring Solution
- Adjusting Accounts and Preparing Financial Statements: Tutoring Solution
- Internal Controls in Accounting: Tutoring Solution
- Merchandising Operations and Inventory in Accounting: Tutoring Solution