About This Chapter
Customer Engagement & Relations - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
Engaging with customers is an imperative part of the digital marketing process. The use of effective customer communication and engagement can help companies gain and retain customers. This chapter explores customer engagement and relationships with video lessons that focus on strategies and important facts about the topic. Quizzes are included in this lesson so that you can test your knowledge of the subject. Upon completion of the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Explain how customer relationship management helps improve the results of marketing
- Use customer relationship management to obtain more customers and improve overall marketing
- Assess the importance and significance of a professional online presence
- Discuss the ways in which the government and businesses attempt to protect the privacy of consumers online
1. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management helps companies retain customers and boost the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. Watch this video to see how customer relationship management is guided by technology to provide the most appropriate level of customer service.
2. Using CRM to Improve Marketing & Customer Acquisition
This lesson will discuss customer relationship management. You'll learn how to use customer relationship management to enhance marketing strategies and expand customer base.
3. The Significance of a Professional Online Presence
In this lesson, you'll learn about the importance of having a professional online presence for your personal brand or business, and explore the social media platforms that can increase customer trust and profits.
4. Protecting Consumer Privacy Online
Every week, there is a news headline announcing a consumer data breach from a well-known organization. In this lesson, you will learn how government and business is trying to protect consumer privacy online.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 309: Digital Marketing & Advertising course
- Marketing & the Internet
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Creating Digital Campaigns
- Segmentation & Targeting
- Online Marketing & Advertising
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Advertising & Promotions
- Mobile Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Digital & Web Analytics
- Digital Marketing Plan Strategy
- Required Assignments for Business 309
- Studying for Business 309