About This Chapter
Customer Loyalty Program Basics - Chapter Summary
When your employees look through this chapter, they will have the chance to learn about the core fundamentals of customer loyalty programs. They will also be able to delve deeper into the following topics:
- The definition of a customer loyalty program
- Examples of these customer programs
- Purpose of using loyalty programs
- The different types of customer loyalty programs
- Pros and cons of these programs
HR managers can utilize engaging corporate training video lessons to help show their employees what these customer loyalty programs actually look like. Your employees can take quizzes and even a final exam to see what important details they retained from this informational chapter.
How It Helps
- Identifies loyalty programs: Once your employees learn about the different forms of customer loyalty programs, they can choose one that is geared towards their target audiences.
- Describes components: This chapter describes components of loyalty programs, helping your employees see what these programs should look like.
- Fosters smart decision-making: After your employees assess pros and cons of these programs, they can decide whether they are ideal for the greater good of the company.
Once your employees go through this helpful chapter, they will be able to:
- Determine the benefits and disadvantages of these loyalty programs
- Understand the goals of customer loyalty programs
- Review characteristics of different loyalty programs, such as coalition programs and point-based programs
- Examine what customer loyalty programs should look like
1. Customer Loyalty Program: Definition, Purpose & Example
Customer loyalty programs can be beneficial for both customers and the company. This lesson discusses the purpose of a customer loyalty program and provides an example.
2. Types of Customer Loyalty Programs
In this lesson learn that creating an effective customer loyalty program is beneficial to your customers and also your business. It rewards customers for being repeat clients and encourages them to come back again and again.
3. Practical Application: Types of Customer Loyalty Programs
Customer loyalty is incredibly valuable because retaining a loyal customer is far more profitable than trying to cultivate a new one. This infographic provides a quick reference detailing the major program types and their characteristics.
4. Customer Loyalty Programs: Advantages & Disadvantages
Customer loyalty programs have become very popular over the last decade. This lesson will examine the advantages and disadvantages of customer loyalty programs.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.